Used 2002 Subaru Impreza TS Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Disappointed
By Looking Elsewhere

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Is anyone else having problems with the crappy CD player in this thing? And I've even gottn it replaced under warranty and it still skips or won't even play my CDs. Besides that, the Check Engine light keeps coming on even though I've been reassured that "nothing is wrong".

Favorite Features

AWD

Suggested Improvements

CD Player, Service

TS- My Third Subaru
By zoieee

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'm really enjoying this vehicle. I've owned it for over a year now and I still find it fun to drive. That says a lot given the number of cars I've owned over the years and the fact that this is, as my title indicates, my third Subaru (My wife drives a '98 Forester and expects to for quite some time). The car is "peppy", comes with most of the "necessary" accessories and still elicits comments from strangers at the gas pumps. The recognized safety features cannot be overlooked. ...a recommended vehicle

Favorite Features

...AWD ...Style ...Acceleration ...accessories ...Dealer service ...Safety features (NHTSA)

Suggested Improvements

...gas milage could be better ...to easily dented (better molding/plastics?)

Impreza is awsome
By sullietal

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

2.5 TS waggon. 4 spd auto. I've owned Hondas and Mazdas. This is the most solid and well built hatchback I have owned. They call it a Sport Waggon. I feels very sporty in 'round town handling. It darts in and out of traffic far better than my accord or 323 ever did. Fun! Fun! Fun! And I don't feel guitly about it. It get good gas mileage and costs less than a similaly equiped Honda.

Favorite Features

The peppy engine delivers smooth steady power all the way to highway speeds. The handling is very sharp and precise.

Suggested Improvements

Better lumbar support is needed. I am a tall man. The Japanese designers did not have American anatomies in mind when they built these seats.