2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
GOOD CAR!
By ReZ on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I Love the way it hugs the corners! I live in the mountains so this is a wonderful car for me.

WRX Lite
By toolatecrew on 09/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My Wife wanted the Outback and I wanted the WRX lead us to compromise on the RS. Other cars may generage more Gs on the skid pad but thow the bumps in and the supple suspension, stiff body and 4wd traction makes you faster around corners in the real world.Engine is tourqiest in class by far. The seats are the best feature of the interior.. The stereo is horrible and there is no excuse for it in a car at this price level.Exterior styling is "different" I like the WRX fender flares but the lack of std. fog lights is once again kinda cheap. Overall the car is great for somone who needs to drive in snow and on less than perfect roads.

Great Car for the Money !!!!
By SMG on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My 2002 Impreza RS is a great car. I spend at least five hours a day driving it. The bug visor, fog lights, keyless entry and the spoiler that I added was money well spent. I traveled over 1,400 miles in three days behind the wheel. Never once did I regret selling my fullsize pick-up especially when I had to fill the tank. Subaru built a great little car. Thank you.

More than satisfied
By Militia G on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I had my 2002 RS for a one and a half month. Absolutely LOVE this car. It's not blistering WRX fast but it's plenty fast enough. Highway ride is smooth, very responsive and pretty quiet but nothing extraordinary. Though I was moving in and out of lanes at about 90mph in heavy rain and it didn't even flinched. This baby really shines on those back winding roads. The handling is superb for a car in this class. All in all the RS is an extremely responsive vehical under all driving conditions. Great acceleration, awesome handlings, and it feels like a race car when you're behind the driver's seat. I'm very happy with it.

Subaru Returns!
By Nebulous on 03/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Subaru has done it again, but with a regular car? This 4WD sedan does very well by my standards. It corners great and looks cool. Also throw in the 237 HP and you've got the greatest value around. NOTE: I do not work for subaru.

Really Fun Car!
By sunny on 03/17/02 14:29 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is really fun to drive.

Great Car
By celcam on 03/12/02 20:42 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The RS is a great car. You can't beat the 4WD, which was a great comfort on the winter roads. The car has great torque, low and high end, and is a riot o drive. It hugs the road and is fantastic.

Problems
By TS on 03/11/02 20:02 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Have had the following problems with my Impreza: 1) Engine Hesitation 2) Intermittent Starting Hesitation 3) Intermittent backfiring from underneath vehicle (sounds like someone threw an empty tin can out the window) SOA unable to fix problems

Scobby's new doo
By coffee boy on 03/08/02 23:24 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

It's nice to have a car that can get out of it's own way...and not sound like a frieght train while doing so. It's also nice to cruise at highway speeds and be able to talk to the person next to you with out the use of a megaphone. Corners great, stops on a dime, and smiles like a prom queen the whole time.