Used 2002 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Never Buying Subaru AGAIN
By Brian

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

For the first three years car was great. Then at 60,000 miles the head gasket went. For the next 9 months in and out the shop for over heating problems. Then Subaru gave me a new engine block. Now at 90,000 miles transmission problems; needs 1st 2nd third and reverse gears replaced. $2300. In a manual. I never driven it hard -- I wanted it to last, but as you can see it's a piece of junk. I bought the car brand for their reputation. Once I get the car back I am selling it and buying a Toyota, Nissan or Mazda.

I really liked the AWD. It was a fun car to drive. Got good gas mileage except during winter.

Build a better car.

The not- so-great car
By Lilmizme87

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used, maybe that was the first mistake. The second week I had it, something was wrong with the transimission. Two months later something was wrong with the engine. A month later, the same problem came back because the dealership didn't fix it the first time. Now, the transmission needs to be fix, again. I take very good care of this car, yet it falls apart easily. I don't race it (cause I'd lose) and I don't floor it every time I drive. It should not be falling apart so much. I would not recommend this car considering you'll be looking for alternative transportation since it'll be in the shop every other week.

The exterior is awesome. People are always interested in it until they realize it isn't turbo.

Don't buy it.

Excellent Car
By JWR77

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I do a lot of travelling with this car and currently have 90,000 miles on it. The car is fun to drive and up till now has been problem free. Also great in the snow.

Fun to drive

Folding back seats

fun car to drive
By Kai

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

very fun even my car is automative, easy car to drive, good handeling except raining day.

the seats are very confort

trunk light is not standard

Saved my life
By Pace

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I had a '96 Subaru. I had an accident with a tree and the car was completely totalled. All I got out of the accident was a small mark on my neck from the seatbelt. I hit the tree (2ft diameter jackpine) going speeds exceding 65 mph. The build of these cars are incredible.

All of the safety features. As well as most of the performance enhancing features!