2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Fun to drive, not fun to maintain
By Dave on 04/11/05 14:21 PM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The car is fun drive in the worst of weather. Handling and acceleration are good with the 5 speed manual. Its been a good car for ski trips and mountain bike weekends.

Nice, safe car
By xlhguy on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this used when our Saturn gave out at 30,000 miles and would cost more to fix then it was worth. Anyway, after 8,000 miles,we like it as much as when we test drove it. Interior parts are a little cheap, but this is one solid car. In fact, Saab is rebadging them.

Fun car to drive
By Manifesto11 on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Quality between this car and my previous Cavalier are night and day. AWD was a nice selling point. The car's only getting about 23mpg overall. After my wife's bad accident, she came out without a scratch (going 55mph in a snowstorm in the mountains). Snow tires will be on our list for next winter. Front and rear seating feels roomy for a small car, but the cargo room feels very limited even with the hatchback).

my 02 ob sport
By fbf523 on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

love the car but dissapointed that i needed a new rear wheel bearing after 66,000 miles

The car I wanted
By tuckerdog1 on 01/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Used'02 OBS.Car is solid.Hit a bump & no rattles.Smooth ride, agile steering.Gas milage low for car this size, but has large engine for car this size. Like that it takes regular gas.Removed rarley used roofrack cross bars & milage went from just under 26/gal to just over 27/gal.Had 5 weeks ( 2000 mi )and am very very happy with this car.

Let it Snow, please...
By Kristof on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'm at 20,000 miles, handling is more like hugging the turns and the car stops on a dime. I mostly enjoy driving this car on unpaved roads, snow and during ice storms. Only problem I have is the manual transmition reverse gear is a bit clunky. I also had to take in to reset the computer because I had an issue starting the car in the morning.

Six Star Car!
By zacL on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

23,000 miles and this car is still absolutely problem free, running strong, and fun to drive! I love the standard all wheel drive and anti-lock brakes, they make for very sure footed driving in rain and snow. I have had several long distance trips in this car and it is a pleasure on the highway, and it averaged a nice 29 mpg!

Not your standard grocery getter!
By WGR on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Have only owned car 1 month, purchased pre-owned at dealer where I work (Not a Subaru dealer). This car is a BLAST to drive. Has ride comfort of a much larger vehicle but very sporty feeling around corners & off the line. Plenty of interior space/cargo room & looks more like a hatchback than a wagon. Fuel economy has been good (between 27- 28 mpg in mixed driving w/AC on ALL the time!) AWD gives very secure feeling on loose gravel & should be good on snow also...My aunt has a '98 Legacy Outback & loves it, never drove in snow before buying her car, now can't keep her off the road. No problems so far!

I Like It!
By EileenW on 07/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The car is fun to drive and (so far) it's reliable. I'll let you know what happens at 200,000+ miles.

I love my Subaru!!
By datafeedback on 06/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Perfect, perfect, and more perfect.