Used 2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Best car under $25K....period!
By iland99

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Excellent little car. Awesome performance, decent gas mileage, very comfortable. I took the car on a 1300 mile road trip from Houston, TX to central Minnesota, had to stop only for gas. The front seats are awesome! 6- disc in-dash CD changer came in very handy on the trip. This car is also awesome in the snow. I was hoping for a little better gas mileage than 24 mpg I saw on the trip, but I had the cruise set at 80+ mph the whole way. AWESOME CAR!

Turbo, AWD, handles awesome, pretty quick in a straight line too. Rare (in my area at least). Front seats are great. 4 doors, room for 4 adults. Sounds AWESOME with exhaust, very deep, not at all honda-civic sounding, great deep boxer rumble.

Everything I would like to see improved on my 2002 WRX has been improved for the all-new 2004 WRX STi. 300 hp, active AWD differentials, 2.5L turbocharged boxer engine. Styling change. Bigger brakes, better handling.

Can't beat it for the price
By jlevy

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is the same price as a turbo VW bug and comes with AWD, better build quality (IMO), more power, and more room. People who complain about the cup holder are missing the point of the car. Ride may be a bit harsh for some and gas mileage may be a bit low, but you simple can't beat this car for the price if you're an enthusiast looking for a 4 door. A 600 dollar after market down pipe and high flow cat makes a great first mod for more power and better mileage.

The car is a well integrated package from the factory. You are't forced to get a lot of useless extras (like leather seats) as part of the WRX package

The thin paint has been cited as a concern by many. It does scratch easily. Stock exhaust system is pretty restrictive and hurts turbo spool-up and mileage, but is does meet LEV standards...

What fun!
By martian

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car has all the get up and go one could possibly need or want. Wet or dry, the car handles like a slot car. My only two complaints are that with the gauge package there is no clock in the car and with the stereo upgrade (6 disc in-dash) one cannot random play between discs. It has been a long time since I have had this much fun driving.

Car waiting to be modded... seriously
By WRXreX

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is one of the easiest car to get the power out of. $2000 can make this a reliable 300hp monster www.turboxs.com. On the other hand, $5000 can net you a high 11s WRX. This car is meant to be driven hard and that is what rally car is intended to be. Please don't expect interior quality of VW. You will be disappointed. However, factory option carbon fiber trim kit will make interior look much much better. Tim

AWD, handling, turbo boost, and appearance with mods.

I have none so far.

02 WRX Sedan
By WRX4FUN

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

The fun factor rating on this car should be well over 10...This is my first subaru and I have had it for 3 weeks and what a blast I am having driving this car...For all you car enthusiasts who haven't driven one yet, you must try...I work for a car dealership and have driven many cars and besides exotics most cars don't come close to this car in the fun factor...Recently placed 3rd at the Long Island Custom Car Show with this vehicles

Turbo,AWD,Hood Scoop and all the heads I turn when driving this car

Better Fuel economy I know its tough with the AWD system though...And more then one cup holder would be nice also