2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
problem child
By gurumichael on 03/12/02 18:20 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I was thrilled after waiting 7 years for this puppy. Shortly after purchase I had to get both front struts replaced as they were bad, driver side window worked on three times for squeeking, dash rattles inside (third time) and the computer on it had to be sent away for a week after two months of driving! This is all with normal driving and no modifications. It's a blast to drive, but way too many problems for the price tag and the lack of quality. I recommend looking at alternatives.

Problems
By TS on 03/11/02 20:02 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Have had the following problems with my Impreza: 1) Engine Hesitation 2) Intermittent Starting Hesitation 3) Intermittent backfiring from underneath vehicle (sounds like someone threw an empty tin can out the window) SOA unable to fix problems

BUY BUY BUY!!!
By John Holbrook on 03/10/02 21:40 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

If your lookig for a great car with great preformance, this is the one. The WRX is great in the rain and snow!! You can really feel the grip of the AWD system. The proformance great easy to drive and plenty on tap. Turbo+AWD= tonsO' fun

Love My WRX
By tdubb on 03/09/02 16:36 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Without a doubt this is the most fun I've ever had driving a car. The WRX is the ultimate driving machine for anyone. All I can say is go out today and buy one.

Awesome Car!
By Pinnen on 03/09/02 13:59 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I don't know what to say about this car that has not alreaady been said. Best bang for the buck, fun car on the market, period!

Scobby's new doo
By coffee boy on 03/08/02 23:24 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

It's nice to have a car that can get out of it's own way...and not sound like a frieght train while doing so. It's also nice to cruise at highway speeds and be able to talk to the person next to you with out the use of a megaphone. Corners great, stops on a dime, and smiles like a prom queen the whole time.

Piece of junk
By WRXbaby on 03/08/02 11:52 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Even though the car has a lot of power, I don't feel the car is responsive enough. The seat a uncomfortable, when you drive long distance you want to stop the car and get out for a stretch. I really don't like the turbo, but I bought the car because it's fast at the starting point. No max speed, I found the car to be like any other car I've driven before, like the celica.

Hum......Not this one
By A.C on 03/07/02 13:21 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I personally do not recommand this car to anyone. Reasons: 1) the interior material does not match what I expect and what it should be in this class. 2) I prefer the pervious generation looks. 3) THe turbo is strong, but after 4th gear, it is getting weak in high speed. 4) It does not have STI version. 5) Seats sucks. Need at least Sparco package. 6) The paint is not well done. Tiny scratch could be seen under summer time.

Scooby Rex!
By DrDray on 03/06/02 11:35 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Excellent car! Fun to drive, reliable, and good mileage for turbo charged vehicle.

Best of the best!
By Robert on 03/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a real car, not like those other non powerful engine, thank you for briging the WRX to the US.