2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Great Car.
By Gavin Moran on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love this car, it feels a little sluggish with the automatic transmission at low speed, though it still accelerates fast? I don't know, it could just rev a little faster for my taste. This can be offset by being a little heavy-footed at lower speed. But once the car is moving and the turbo kicks in its just amazing. Love the design, it makes me smile to drive it.

Great Car
By kp13 on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Brisk Accelaration. Great Handling. Thats all I wanted.

Great Car
By KenG on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had this car since June 2001 and it's been a blask every day. Only minor downfalls (as you probably already know) are the turbo lag at low RPM's, and a not-so-luxurious interior. But, it's comfortable, I've had no problems, and it's the most fun car I've had the pleasure of driving. For the price it's the best you can get.

Sports car for the masses
By NeoWRXfan on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

this is my first subaru, before then I had an M3 and a corvette. After reading all the reviews It truly is a driver's car: fast, agile and sporty. And what a deal I got since I got it at $100 over dealer's invoice! With it, I got and short throw shifter, turbo gauge and spoiler. The only thing I got extra was the best radar detector I could get since I knew from the first week I'd be breaking the speed limit frequently. Everyone was right about the build quality unfortunately, since from the first day, the driver's side window squeeked, there was a rattle in the driver's side door but small potatoes compared to what you're getting for such a cheap price.

Imprezas Rule
By ryanphar on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Don't bother looking at any other cars by far this car is the best on the market

The style/under-steering is a Boo
By Arrowhead on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I know under-steering is a common AWD problem. But not THIS much!!! At 5,500 rpm and 35mph, it can't corner like any others even with BS S-03. You'd beat a RSX type-R or Celica on open road, but you'd never pass any in a race at cornering. This IS a Rally car, and sucks on the road. I turned it into a show car and loan it to people at autoshows. Finally, here is a catch. CHICKS HATE THIS CAR in both my personal experience and consumer research. I spent over $8,000 on make-overs included JDM HID headlights, carbon-fiber hood, and Zero- Sports bodykit/Wing, and women still don't buy it. So if you would like to pick up some hot chicks at night clubs. Give this one up!

The Best Car Ever Made!!!!
By Konrad Chmielewski on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love this car. Never gonna trade it in this is mine to keep for ever. IF koalapeck2 cant feel the turbo then he is not driving WRX. :P

wrx owner's notes:
By p k on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

the best bang for the buck in terms of performance. get behind the wheel and you'll notice the impressive amount of head and leg room. flip the ignit and you hear the thundering roar of ease into an intimidating purr. rip into the accel and you get some serious kick. no car in it's class even comes close. i'd buy another one if i had a spare 25k.

awesome
By rup on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

so much fun

amazing!
By Project Alien on 03/24/02 23:14 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

buy it now..it's too fun bye