2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
More than satisfied
By Militia G on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I had my 2002 RS for a one and a half month. Absolutely LOVE this car. It's not blistering WRX fast but it's plenty fast enough. Highway ride is smooth, very responsive and pretty quiet but nothing extraordinary. Though I was moving in and out of lanes at about 90mph in heavy rain and it didn't even flinched. This baby really shines on those back winding roads. The handling is superb for a car in this class. All in all the RS is an extremely responsive vehical under all driving conditions. Great acceleration, awesome handlings, and it feels like a race car when you're behind the driver's seat. I'm very happy with it.

Funky Head Lights, but who cares
By HampaW on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Performance first and then looking

A Really Fun Car
By snead_c on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is really 2 cars in one, economy and sport.When you want good milage drive just above 2000RPM and when you want a big grin on your face just wind it out.I have had the car for 9 months and still look for excuses to drive it. Its homely looks grow on you and it definitely gets attention.

Great Performance-Interior Sucks
By jaycee on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The engine performance is outstanding, but you pay for this with a low quality interior. No moonroof option available, leather isn't available, the momo steering wheel is great, the carbon fiber nice, but the pedal set only comes for the manual. Only one trim color available. Gauge pack is extra. The keyless entry system is the worst. You can't open the trunk with it, and the security system isn't the greates either. I previously owned a 98 VW Jetta, and Subaru could take a few lessons on the "small" things that make a $25K car nice, you pay for those 227 horses by sacrificing style.

A bit heavy
By Sy on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

i have an old honda prelude that moves off the line really quick because its really light. WRX is kinda slow off the line, maybe cause of the weight. But when the RPMs are around 3-6k its really fast. I like all of the exterior except for the front lights, I like the JDM ones a lot more. The seats hug me which is good but there should be an adjustable lower lumbar like some other cars, long road trips kill my lower back in the WRX. And everyone knows about the understeer =(. Its still a fun and fast car overall though, cant wait to rally in it!

Love - Hate
By gsconyer on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love my WRX. The performance that I get (coming from a 4cyl Toyota Pick-up) is amazing. It is truly fun to drive. But, the problems that I have encountered are making want to cut my losses. Trouble down-shifting and putting the vehicle into reverse, tape deck eating tapes, CD player freaking out and causing the stereo to crash much like a computer would, internal trunk latch not working, driver's seat rocking everytime I hit the brakes, and I could go on. I have heard many great things about Subaru's, but I got rid of my truck with 190000 miles because I didn't want to spend time with it in the shop. Funny, had the car in the shop more often in 6 mos than had the truck in 6 years.

Quality Car
By Dirk A. Elder on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The car is very fun to drive. On long trips space is a little cramped. Car has ran almost flawlessly except for a check engine light that turned out to be a false code. The dealer could not reset it (Shortline Subaru in Aurora, CO) and I had to wait two weeks for a technician for the reset. There is some wind noise when traveling above 70 mph. Car drives perfect in bad weather. Car feels bogged down at low rpm's and I find myself revving the engine at stop lights. I am very happy with the car but I miss my Impala SS.

great car
By lagwagon on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

GREAT CAR GO BUY ONE

Fast and Furious
By Jonthemon on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is for people who know what driving is all about. This is one of the fastest cars in country and with the AWD it makes it even better. The car looks great, and when you hook it up with all kinds of accessories it looks even greater. Of course this isnt a car for people who drive wimpy automatic "sports" cars. If you have around thirty grand, and love fast and good looking cars, the WRX is for you.

Shouldn't you own one to review it?
By ironcow on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Seems like there a lot of test drive reviews here, not owner reviews. Great balance of practically and fun (erroring on the fun side). Exactly, what I hoped. I just hope it's reliable in long run.