2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Had it a year, and still love it!
By avediszildjian on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is the car America has been waiting to get, and Subaru finally brought it to the US. 227hp, 217lb-ft of torque in an AWD car with just enough understeer to keep "the sheep" safe, while letting the rest of us have fun (oversteer isn't tough to get, if that's what you're trying to do). The interior is driver-oriented from the seats and shifter to the steering wheel and pedals; even the dash gauges tilt more toward the driver than other cars. This is a true driver's car.

Cool car
By BebeDeimos on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The car is excellent. Lots of room for a tall person and good design for off road without compromizing anything for on-road use. The car has plenty of acceleration, however the A/C tends to bog down the engine a bit. I have installed an aftermarket stereo with Infinity speakers, an Infinity subwoofer and a Blaupunkt amp. My advice is to skip the stereo upgrades and install an aftermarket yourself. The basic Clarion is not very good and even the upgraded speakers suck. The optional subwoofer is not very good, but it is small (which is why it is not very good).

Super Wagon
By kelpsubie on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love this car! I've whipped some guys with more traditional sport cars at the red light and mine handles well in the snow too! And it's a wagon!

WRX Wagon
By LastCar on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The WRX Wagon is fun to drive and has a lot of power. Handling in the corners makes this car fun to drive. I could do with out the road noise. I like the wagon because people think I bought a family car, Until I give them a ride. All they can say is "WOW" The all wheel drive makes this car a great package.

Oh My- What Fun
By zsurfer on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Have had the car for 2 months. Can't get over the way the car performs. I came from a 92 GTI and thsi car rocks. Can't get over the rush of accelerations each time the tach hits 3K. Have to keep the turbo spooled to get the most out of the engine, but nothing beats crusiing along with the engine growkling along at the sweet spot. Oh and the AWD system is awesome. The car is amazing at spirited turns. Best bang for the buck. But if you are going to complain about the way the car looks or kack of leather and sunroof- This car is not for you.. You are just missing the point on what this car is about.

Love my new Subaru
By Rodney on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had this vehicle for a month, but it is a blast to drive. It feels as if it is stuck to the road. I truly feel the performance of this all wheel drive vehicle. If this car is as reliable as my research has suggested, I will always be a Subaru owner.

Impreza is awsome
By sullietal on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

2.5 TS waggon. 4 spd auto. I've owned Hondas and Mazdas. This is the most solid and well built hatchback I have owned. They call it a Sport Waggon. I feels very sporty in 'round town handling. It darts in and out of traffic far better than my accord or 323 ever did. Fun! Fun! Fun! And I don't feel guitly about it. It get good gas mileage and costs less than a similaly equiped Honda.

Brilliant
By Exhaleblue on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The Subaru WRX offers awesome acceleration and corners like it's on freaking rails. I'd purchase life insurance and make a will on the day you take delivery - this car inspires almost unrealistic confidence in my driving abilities - it's that solid. Be sure to order the short throw shifter and the upgrades to the speakers and amp.

WRX R us
By EKP on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Great Car!!!

fun fun fun fun fun
By davieboynj on 03/16/02 14:47 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Granted my last car was a dog, but I'm extremely happy with my rex so far. Contrary to popular opinion, I find the low RPM power to be quite acceptable (it supposedly is about 80% peak torque at 2000 RPM). I read one review here that said that the rex has understeer problems. THere is no wy the reviewer has actually driven this car! If anything, this car has oversteer. If I want it to, I can get the tihng to pivot! True, the looks are contriversial, but they've grown on me and now i really like it. Go ahead and call her an ugly girl, but she's got personality...