2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon Consumer Reviews 10

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2002 Subaru Impreza TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
TS- My Third Subaru
By zoieee on 06/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'm really enjoying this vehicle. I've owned it for over a year now and I still find it fun to drive. That says a lot given the number of cars I've owned over the years and the fact that this is, as my title indicates, my third Subaru (My wife drives a '98 Forester and expects to for quite some time). The car is "peppy", comes with most of the "necessary" accessories and still elicits comments from strangers at the gas pumps. The recognized safety features cannot be overlooked. ...a recommended vehicle

WOW!
By LISMAN on 06/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I can't describe driving this car, and you can't even read the most detailed test drive review to know. Just get one. You won't be sorry. And, if you don't subscribe to the cookie-cutter school of design, you just might like the styling too. I can't stop looking at mine!

Where have you been?
By stoogieman on 06/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have waited for a sport/rally auto that had power and a firm suspension for an eternity. I finally got one that I can afford. What more could one hope for than this incredible performing auto? Yes, but will this fabulous little auto hold up?

Start your day with a smile
By Curt on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had my wagon for a little less than a year, and it has been all good. I love to drive this car for any given reason. Need milk? I'll go. It may take me twice as long after I take the long route, but I will come home with a smile on my face. The handling is excellent right out of the box, and can be made even better with some better tires. The power comes on smooth, and once you get used to the turbo's characteristics, it is no problem keeping this car in the power. I would highly recommend this car to anyone who is looking for affordable fun

Trust me!!
By THE TRUSTY ONE on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the most reliable veicle ever! its got every thing you need to drive fast and safetly (if your a good driver) it will be the drive of your life.

The beauty of AWD
By Hogan Jr. on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Outback for over a year and love it. 30000 miles without a hitch. Good power, decent room, and AWD for security. A black and silver Outback sport looks so much better than any WRX I've seen. If you're considering the protege5, Matrix, or Jetta wagons, you better check out this car. It beats all those AND has the AWD as a bonus.

Best in class and several classes above
By SilverF4Turbo on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is simply the greatest gift to driving ever. It is a perfect balance between daily driving functionality and gutwrenching high performance (and when the pedal meets the metal and the turbo fully spools you do feel your gut wrench). So much emphasis has been put on the performance (and rightfully so) that other aspects of the car have been shadowed out. The shape and layout of the dashboard is more remeniscent of a de-trimmed Porsche boxter than of a Japanese four door. The exterior is beautiful: aggressive yet not overstated; the way a true rally car is supposed to look.. with performance and handling to match.

DINOSAUR! T-WRX!!!
By virtualscouser on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

When I traded in my 2000 VW GTI VR6 I knew I was giving up alot of comforts. V6, leather, climate control, etc... Do I miss 'em? NOT ONE BIT! V6? I have more horsepower and better milage with my 2.0 and with the automatic I'm just as good performance wise as the VR6/5M. Leather? I live in South Florida! Black Leather? Am I crazy? I spent more time peeling my skin off the seats than enjoying them! Climate control? I drive with the windows down most of the time anyway!

The best value under $25,000.
By yourpros on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I drive this car 4 hours a day to the office. I have had nothing but fun times since I dumped my Pathfinder for this rocket. I highly suggest this car to anyone that enjoys blowing off the doors of Mustangs and Porsche Boxters S.

Kev's 2002 Outback Sport
By Superkev on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my 1998 Subaru Forester S for a new Outback Sport. I was impressed by the improvements made to the engine, particularly with regards to noise and smoothness. The car seems eager to go at any time, and responds happily to even a light touch on the accelerator. The steering is nicely weighted and communicates excellent road feel. The brakes are easy to modulate, allowing you to stop on a dime. I was slightly disappointed by the lack of interior storage spaces, especially compared to the Forester, which had plethora of pockets and compartments in which to store gas receipts, maps, CDs, magazines, etc. But this is a minor quibble. Good job Subaru!