2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
I will never buy another Subaru
By DeeDido on 11/21/09 17:31 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

With 75,000 miles on it the head gasket had to be replaced. At 85,000 the power steering gear box. There is no trunk light. There is no lumbar support in the seats. My back is killing me. The visors did not have enough range to block the sun. It rattled constantly. The ride was extremely bumpy all the time. The engine noise was very loud. The stereo was terrible. Cruise control was not even an option. Stupid cup holder mounted on the dash board above the stereo.

Awesome Little Wagon
By BostonLegal on 06/07/08 23:01 PM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car because I wanted AWD and a decent amount of carrying capacity while still being small enough to parallel park easily. The TS wagon fit the bill perfectly. As a CA native unaccustomed to the unique demands of winter driving in upstate NY, my Subaru has done a fantastic job of hugging the iciest roads. Curiously, my friends' SUVs often get irretrievably snowed into their parking spots, but my wagon can always get past the snowiest mounds. Reliability is excellent even on long roadtrips - I've driven her from NY to CA and back to MA. I have had no expenses beyond regular maintenance in my 7 years of ownership. After this car, I am absolutely sold on Subarus.

suits MY style of driving
By Dean Homan on 03/20/06 08:41 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I own 2 Subarus. My #1 concern was RELIABILITY. I have 139,645 miles on this vehicle and not once has it left me stranded. I umpire college softball so it is important that I be there ON TIME. My Subaru operates the way I do, aggressive, no let up, always there on time. I love to drive this car ... especially during inclement weather. I have kept track of EVERY penny associated with the ownership of this vehicle. We are currently operating at just under 26 cents per mile.

Great Wagon!
By jsrwcase on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this wagon for over a year with no issues, other then thin metal and easily scatched paint. The 2.5L engine is great in the city and is very smooth on the highway. Not as fast as a WRX, but for the $ I would say you cannot find a better deal!

This 2002 Subaru was a LEMON
By Golem on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Problems from the start. Poor paint quality (orange peel and easily scratches), inadequate electrical system which couldn't keep battery charged if a few electrical loads were on, consistently hesitated at 2,000 RPM. Dealership was fantastic but Subaru head office resisted doing anything. In the end, received a refund. Now driving a 2003 model which drives well but paint is still poor quality, Windshield wiper blades freeze, inadequate heating system, poor design of rear window washer spray head, steering wheel not aligned parallel when driving straight.

Disappointed
By Looking Elsewhere on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Is anyone else having problems with the crappy CD player in this thing? And I've even gottn it replaced under warranty and it still skips or won't even play my CDs. Besides that, the Check Engine light keeps coming on even though I've been reassured that "nothing is wrong".

TS- My Third Subaru
By zoieee on 06/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'm really enjoying this vehicle. I've owned it for over a year now and I still find it fun to drive. That says a lot given the number of cars I've owned over the years and the fact that this is, as my title indicates, my third Subaru (My wife drives a '98 Forester and expects to for quite some time). The car is "peppy", comes with most of the "necessary" accessories and still elicits comments from strangers at the gas pumps. The recognized safety features cannot be overlooked. ...a recommended vehicle

Impreza is awsome
By sullietal on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

2.5 TS waggon. 4 spd auto. I've owned Hondas and Mazdas. This is the most solid and well built hatchback I have owned. They call it a Sport Waggon. I feels very sporty in 'round town handling. It darts in and out of traffic far better than my accord or 323 ever did. Fun! Fun! Fun! And I don't feel guitly about it. It get good gas mileage and costs less than a similaly equiped Honda.