Used 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 158 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Rally Sport Special
By Michael Wenzel

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car was always fun to drive. Handles like a race car very quick and zippy. It's been problem free even after 14 years it's still very reliable. It's 4WD is great in snow and mud.

Best Car I've had
By magwajo

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought my 2002 WRX brand new and, at 126K, it's still going strong until recently. I had to get the radiator replaced ($600) and new brakes a few months ago, but I figured I was coming due with something. Hopefully, nothing in the near future. Fun to drive car. I had blacker leather and heated seats put in as I hated the tight weave they had so it was impossible to get the dog hair out! Car handles great in the snow. A great practical car.

AWD, short shift and handling. Practical hatchback but not too big.

better seats, drink holders (I know, seems silly), and plugs.

Love the Subaru WRX
By Kyletran

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car few month ago with 89000 miles on it at the small dealer in Norco and drove it home with happiness. The car still run great and powerful that surprise me and i don't have any problem with it at all until now. I love Subaru and love how they build the car that can last forever.

AWD, turbocharge, OEM turbo boost,MOMO steering wheel, and everything alse..... :)

bigger turbo, better intercooler, better brake system

This car just doesn't quit
By Aspen White Bugeye

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought my 2002 WRX from a college kid with 81k miles on it about 6 months ago. Car was quick, fun and clean as a whistle. I've seen these cars take more abuse than anything I would ever do to it and keep running. Put about a grand into the car and it out- performs its STI counterpart no problem. Keep up on regular checks and maintain your ride, can't beat the sound and feel of this car for ten grand. Get a quiet exhaust, up-pipe, downpipe and your mileage goes from 24-25 mpg to about 27.

Foot to the floor = all the power you need. Easy on the gas = 26-28 MPG.

The squeaky seatbelt was enough to get me to replace the seats entirely, and the cheap plastic brackets that hold the bumper on should be burned.

Great car!
By James

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I purchased this car in 2003 with 20,000 miles already on it. I beat this car HARD all the way through college and it's still kicking. I've done all my own maintenance... it's never been to the dealer. I've had to replace the brakes (pads & rotors) at 68k, accessory belts at 70k, and a set of tires at 60k. I redline the car every time I drive it...it's fun, reliable, and great in the snow!

AWD in the snow, peppy engine, handles like a go-cart, rock solid reliability!

New models received a much needed interior upgrade, paint needs help... that's all!