Used 2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan Consumer Reviews - 182 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Rally Sport Special
By Michael Wenzel

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car was always fun to drive. Handles like a race car very quick and zippy. It's been problem free even after 14 years it's still very reliable. It's 4WD is great in snow and mud.

very good car for the money
By awduser

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My son bought it used with 170,000 km in 2007 and I got it from him with about 210,000 km. This month it turned 300,000 km. Engine and transmission all original but have small oil leak, probably from valve cover gasket. Had trouble with A/C compressor - replaced this summer (after 11 years of service). Had to overhaul front end - ball joints, tie rod ends, again after 11 years. Shock absorbers started leaking last year - I think 10 years is as good as it gets for driving through Canadian winters. And so apart from some rust (se reference to Canadian winters above), the vehicle looks and driving qualities are the same when we got it, and I even suspect it drives like new.

Road stability, acceleration, comfortable front seats.

Until I got new tires which i selected for comfort, I thought the car was overly noisy during highway driving. However, it's very quiet now. Rust over rear wheel wells seems to be a problem but I am not sure what improvements Subaru can make to counter salt and water on the roads.

Best Car I've had
By magwajo

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought my 2002 WRX brand new and, at 126K, it's still going strong until recently. I had to get the radiator replaced ($600) and new brakes a few months ago, but I figured I was coming due with something. Hopefully, nothing in the near future. Fun to drive car. I had blacker leather and heated seats put in as I hated the tight weave they had so it was impossible to get the dog hair out! Car handles great in the snow. A great practical car.

AWD, short shift and handling. Practical hatchback but not too big.

better seats, drink holders (I know, seems silly), and plugs.

Love the Subaru WRX
By Kyletran

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car few month ago with 89000 miles on it at the small dealer in Norco and drove it home with happiness. The car still run great and powerful that surprise me and i don't have any problem with it at all until now. I love Subaru and love how they build the car that can last forever.

AWD, turbocharge, OEM turbo boost,MOMO steering wheel, and everything alse..... :)

bigger turbo, better intercooler, better brake system

This car just doesn't quit
By Aspen White Bugeye

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought my 2002 WRX from a college kid with 81k miles on it about 6 months ago. Car was quick, fun and clean as a whistle. I've seen these cars take more abuse than anything I would ever do to it and keep running. Put about a grand into the car and it out- performs its STI counterpart no problem. Keep up on regular checks and maintain your ride, can't beat the sound and feel of this car for ten grand. Get a quiet exhaust, up-pipe, downpipe and your mileage goes from 24-25 mpg to about 27.

Foot to the floor = all the power you need. Easy on the gas = 26-28 MPG.

The squeaky seatbelt was enough to get me to replace the seats entirely, and the cheap plastic brackets that hold the bumper on should be burned.