I miss my RS2.5 already
By jcwren on
2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
I bought my 2.5RS in 2001, and have never regretted it for a moment. Unfortunately, on March 23rd, with 121,823 miles on it, someone nailed it in a parking lot and did $7K of damage, so it was totaled out. I had a lot of amateur radio gear installed in it, and when I had to go to the body shop to remove it, I just about cried when I walked away from the car (yea, 49 year old guy). I had planned to drive it until the wheels fell off, and it was over-due for the 105K major service interval. Only real problem was a slow drip from the head gasket on to the exhaust, which left the garage smelling like hot oil now and again. Would I buy another? Without question (if I could only find one...)
Favorite Features
My favorite is that in 11 years in the city of Atlanta, I only every saw *4* other 2.5RS's. The 2.5L engine is perky, pulls strong, comfortable seats, good ergonomics, reliable.
Suggested Improvements
Release a 2013 model in this body style (the 2-door looks much nicer than the 4-door WRX/STi), but with the STi engine/drive train. Imagine 330HP in this body style :) That'd be awesome.