2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - 2.5 RS

2001 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

2.5 RS
By Amy on

2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this car since the fall of 2000. I preferred the "Old School" style and wasn't really interested in waiting for the new WRX to come out. I was a previous owner of an Outback Sport (98) and loved that. The RS with the leather interior that I upgraded to made me love the Impreza even more. I use it as my daily driver, drop my toddler off to preschool (the 4 doors are a bonus for this over the coupe). The trunk is large enough to fit a full size hockey bag-but one drawback of the 01 is that the seats don't fold down. Never had an issue with anything mechanical. Now with 97,-000 miles on it, it's still going strong. Excellent in the snow. I would highly recommend this car.

Favorite Features

Rally styling and handling. The RS has the ABS brakes, CD player, moon roof, standard.

Suggested Improvements

The extra horsepower is nice, but I wish it got just a bit better gas mileage. I average in the mid 20's, but with gas 3 dollars a gallon it takes $42 to fill it up. Fold down seats (which they do on anything newer than 2001) would have been nice.