2.5 RS
By Amy on
2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
I've owned this car since the fall of 2000. I preferred the "Old School" style and wasn't really interested in waiting for the new WRX to come out. I was a previous owner of an Outback Sport (98) and loved that. The RS with the leather interior that I upgraded to made me love the Impreza even more. I use it as my daily driver, drop my toddler off to preschool (the 4 doors are a bonus for this over the coupe). The trunk is large enough to fit a full size hockey bag-but one drawback of the 01 is that the seats don't fold down. Never had an issue with anything mechanical. Now with 97,-000 miles on it, it's still going strong. Excellent in the snow. I would highly recommend this car.
Favorite Features
Rally styling and handling. The RS has the ABS brakes, CD player, moon roof, standard.
Suggested Improvements
The extra horsepower is nice, but I wish it got just a bit better gas mileage. I average in the mid 20's, but with gas 3 dollars a gallon it takes $42 to fill it up. Fold down seats (which they do on anything newer than 2001) would have been nice.