2001 Subaru Impreza RS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Caution!
By Oshkosh on 02/19/09 09:37 AM (PST)

2001 Subaru Impreza RS 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great car all around, sporty, decent power, drives strong. Beware of the leaking head gasket, VERY expensive to repair (3-4k), knock sensor tends to go out at least once, otherwise drives superb in snow and rain with great suspension and AWD, Limited Slip is a plus.

2.5 RS
By Amy on 08/14/06 13:52 PM (PDT)

2001 Subaru Impreza RS 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this car since the fall of 2000. I preferred the "Old School" style and wasn't really interested in waiting for the new WRX to come out. I was a previous owner of an Outback Sport (98) and loved that. The RS with the leather interior that I upgraded to made me love the Impreza even more. I use it as my daily driver, drop my toddler off to preschool (the 4 doors are a bonus for this over the coupe). The trunk is large enough to fit a full size hockey bag-but one drawback of the 01 is that the seats don't fold down. Never had an issue with anything mechanical. Now with 97,-000 miles on it, it's still going strong. Excellent in the snow. I would highly recommend this car.

Sporty Compact Enthusiast Sedan
By 2.5RS on 06/29/05 14:46 PM (PDT)

2001 Subaru Impreza RS 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car because Ii wanted a compact sedan that would be reliable but also fun to drive. The 2.5RS has exceeded in both categories. There is road noise to contend with at higher speeds, but not much more than any other similarly priced compact car. There is an extensive aftermarket community for modifications. The car had a somewhat limited production making them a bit of an enthusiast's entry level tuner as an alternative to Honda. If you do find one of these cars, be warned that *everyone* will ask if it is a WRX or an STI.

If not the Greatest
By Ramza on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Subaru Impreza RS 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is one of the GREATEST cars ever. It's my first car as a teenager, and let me tell you, ive driven an M3 before... and this thing... its quite similiar. Dont get me wrong its not a super fast car but it is a Super quick car. A 5 spd is a MUST!! If you get this thing in 5-spd, you will never regret it... if you push it into the powerband this work of beauty goes off like a rocket. Leaving everything behind. Looks very sporty, very admirable, Definetly an eye catcher. Not to mention its damn comfortable inside. No complaints about the Sound system either, its decent.GREAT Value and a Great buy.

A great car
By Donovan on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Subaru Impreza RS 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, fun to drive... VERY reliable.

good way to build a car
By chia on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Subaru Impreza RS 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

this car is perfect for me yet my dad wihta much expensivecar envies my car now it is relax to drive if you can live witht teh clutch but other wise it's fun to hear the boxer engine roar and do some favourite heel toe on sound good back road! i am getting 26 mpg out of this 2.5 liter engine! the gears are short and solid encourage shifting