2000 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Pre-WRX fun car

2000 Subaru Impreza RS - Consumer Review

Pre-WRX fun car
By kramp on

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 4dr Sedan AWD

I purchased the 4 door 2.5RS due to the fact that my commute had increased significantly, and I was replacing a 4WD Nissan Pathfinder and wanted something I could take to Tahoe. The build quality of the car itself is quite good, but the interior needs some work. Gas mileage seems to stay constant around 25MPG, which I would have expected to be better, especially w/ no turbo. The stock tires are just barely sufficient for anyone that drives their car hard, but they do allow for good slides :o Overall, the car has been great since I bought it in 2000, with very little in the way of problems (had a leaky windshield in the first rain, and a little recall)

AWD, upgraded stereo (It's decent enough if you don't want to blow a ton of money on an aftermarket one).

Needs more horsepower. Cupholders are HORRIBLE (placement, design, etc.). No trunk light? WTF? Needed better stock tires. Some interior pieces that are in "high wear" areas should be capable of being replaced w/o replacing the entire assembly (drivers door armrest, for one).