2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews 2

2000 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

RS Coupe (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
I really wish this had been a better car
By ImissmyVW on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 2dr Coupe AWD

Well, I've had this car for two years and it's been nothing but a burden. Despite following all care and warranty maintenance schedules. I've had engine problems with throttle loss. (Chronic) The stainless steel exhaust still got a hole in the mid pipe. I don't drive it hard or lean on the clutch but I've replaced the clutch at 70,000 KMS and not two days later the engine starts to misfire needs new distributor, leads and spark plugs. The auto window elevators have also left scratches on both driver and passenger window. A slew of other little problems. I had some fun but it wasn't worth the money.

No other car compares
By Skerlnik on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 2dr Coupe AWD

Imprezas are incredible cars. There is no other car to compete with this one within $10,000. Its handling resembles a 911 with minor modifications (tires).

great car
By Billy Hodkinson on 10/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 2dr Coupe AWD

this car is one of the best cars on the road no matter what kind of wheather it is in it will handle so good and will take whatever you do to it.

So fun to drive!
By planethub on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 2dr Coupe AWD

The number one reason I purchased this car was because of Subaru reliability. I have had no problems so far and I plan to drive this car well over 100,000 miles. The number two reason is because of the rally inspired look. No other car on the US market even compares to the aggressive and sporty grin of the RS. Throw it into a curve and it will stick like super glue. Driving to work every day (even in snow) has never been so much fun.

Awesome Car
By Shmity on 03/17/02 16:57 PM (PST)

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 2dr Coupe AWD

Great car...bought it to race and couldn't have ask'd for more...takes the corners like nothin...and accelerates even better after the added turbo

clutchsqueak
By bond007 on 03/15/02 17:38 PM (PST)

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 2dr Coupe AWD

Love the car and fun to drive. So does everyone else that encounters it. Have had impromtu offers for same. Only thing is a tiny tiny clutch squeak, does not affect performance, Subaru has checked, indicate it is inherent in the car.