Used 2000 Subaru Impreza RS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

scooby
By Stathy

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 2dr Coupe AWD

The car itself is great but after owning it for two years, with everything coming out now, it is sometimes stagnent. Around windy roads it is a dream but for highway use lacks a punch. Also a major factor in the score not being higher than it would of been is the crumby service of the Subaru dealerships.

The best feature is the awd system that gives you great traction and control in any weather. The performance of the car and the handling compliment each other beautifully.

The biggest improvement to be made is the engine output, but with the wrx and sti models out it already is taken care of.

Love my Subey
By writerdianalee

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 2dr Coupe AWD

I bought this car out from under some poor teenage boy that had it bad for it ... and have never regretted it since. I haven't had one single real problem with it. I'm ready to sell it because it's lower to the ground than my 48 year old knees can bear anymore, ,that will be a move I regret The car moves around curves like a dream. I once had to swerve to avoid another car on the freeway and that Subaru held the road like a snail on the side of a house. Probably saved our lives. In California, it's the best kind of car to drive. She's a keeper.

I love the way it hugs the road. I love the color, the hood scoop and the tail fin and the fog lamps. It's snappy and turns heads when I drive it. Wheels are nice.

Needs trunk light, better cup holder, alarm got disconnected somehow, little lights are going out here and there, like behind the air conditioner button and fog lamp switch, etc.

only problems
By scooby2

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 2dr Coupe AWD

I had only problems with this car, they had to change the clutch, the alarm, twice the windows due to scratch, the rail of the moon roof, paint can scratch very easely, metal parts are bad quality and so on. The car was apparently not checked at the manufacturing plant exit. I have now the engine that misfires, a strange paper burnt odor that the dealer cannot fixed. Very poor customer service and inefficient dealer. I would not recommand the car to anyone. Too much body roll when driving hard and the clutch is a nightmare when cold and when driving fast.

the torque of the engine a low RPM and the exterior apparence

reliability, quality of materials and interior design, customer service

Great car/crappy company service
By bookburner451

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 2dr Coupe AWD

I love this car except for the fact I've had to replace the wheel bearings three times already. This is a common defect,which can be fixed easily by replacing with outback bearings, according many of the club sites, but Subaru Customer service varies greatly depending on location. I had a sales nightmare at Steven's Creek. Livermore Subaru put you through the wringer when I tried to get warrantied repairs done. Turlock Subaru was awesome. They are the only reason I stayed with Subaru.

Styling; Get up and go!; Nothing better in the rain

Fuel economy; Inerior quality; Customer Service.

Hot RS
By 1236585224

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 2dr Coupe AWD

Great little car. Snow will not stop this car. After this NY winter, I KNOW!!!

Dash Compass