Used 2000 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Very Reliable Subaru
By Big M

2000 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD

I bought my Subaru after test driving it in the snow and loving the way it handled. I currently have 150k on the car and it runs perfect. I will buy another Subaru again based on this experience.

I enjoy the handling and the way the car gets good power from such a small engine (fuel efficient). I average 26mpg on mixed driving and as high as 31mpg on the interstate

There is a lot of ambient noise in the car, it can get a little annoying when my three young kids are in the car with the radio on.

Love my Subaru Wagon
By Lisa Green

2000 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD

I love my Subaru Impreza Outback Wagon. It's such a reliable little car and is always ready to haul gear for my band, carry mulch for the garden, or go on vacation. My costs for repair in the last five years have been minimal, with the exception of replacing one oxygen sensor (to meet NY state inspection) and replacing the timing belt (standard after 60,000 miles).

My favorite feature is the hatch back which makes it easy to haul anything.

I wish the car had wheels instead of wheel covers, which always break and get lost. Also wish loading deck to trunk was lower. Seats should be a little bit higher and more padded/comfy.

Michigan review
By Subuaru Impreza

2000 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD

The car has really kept us moving. It it good on gas (about 25 hwy) and rides smoothly. The turn radius is good for parking. The hatch back is ideal for around town for a trip to the grocery or even hardware store, as the back seats easily fold down (2/3 split) to allow one person in back while extra room is created for long items such as garden tools or lumber. The ride could be a little quieter but then that would mean more weight thus increasing mileage. So can't have everything. The AWD is great in heavy downpours or when snow begins to fall. I really feel secure to the road, even during these conditions.

Hatchback and fold downs seats let me fit anything. The AWD really help as Michigan's snow begins to fall. The gas mileage is great to get the kids to and fro and get us to work.

It should be less noisy. Cruising on the highway tends to be a bit windy sounding. The room in back seat is not ideal for tall persons.

Best looking Impreza ever brought 2 USA
By Jay Olson

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 2dr Coupe AWD

Very sharp, attractive car draws attention from everyone. A blast to drive. Very easy to control, with a little bit of understear. Great low end torque allows it to hang with cars such as the Eclipse GST and GSX from a stand still. Holds its value very well. People that own it don't want to sell it. If you are looking for more horsepower, there are many easy bolt on upgrades available, or you can always do a motor swap. Auto transmission is good, but not recommended if you are thinking about adding a lot of power to it. I purchased my Impreza RS brand new, and now Subaru's are just about all I will drive. Oh, and the AWD is great on a track, street, or in the dirt.

Body styling, low end torque, vehicles weight is 400-500 lbs less then a new Impreza STi.

More top end power, but now you can get a WRX or STi if that's all you are looking for. Car seems to dent easily. Stronger transmission would be nice, but not needed for 99% of owners.

awesome
By Solberg

2000 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Sedan AWD

Bought it fron uncle at EXTREMELY lowprice and it is a great car. My wholelife i have been a scooby freak eversince the familys first subaru (loyale).Every person i get into one of these never goes elsewhere. Great car, handles great in snow, fun to drive, extremely reliable, and quite peppy even in automatic form. I love the steering andhandling and on dry road you can feelthe tarmac sucking grip of the "Subarusymetrical AWD", Comfortable car also. All around great car and would recomendany Subaru to anyone no matter what their needs there is a Subaru for them.

AWD, engine, engine and exhaust note,steering/handling, RELIABILITY!!! Great car!

cupholders............thats it.