2000 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
RIP at 261,000 miles
By MileHighMotorist on 06/05/09 23:10 PM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Impreza Wagon L 4dr Wagon AWD

Dead due to a broken timing belt at 261,000 original miles (entirely my fault: I only only replaced the timing belt twice & I ignored the squealing belt for a week before it broke). Remarkably good condition at death, considering what I'd put it through over the years -- who knows how many miles I'd have gotten if I'd checked out that squealing belt? Only two serious flaws in my opinion: The clutch cable snapped TWICE during ownership (once during a blizzard!), and too little ground clearance, particularly in front (an old Toyota Tercel EZ I'd previously owned was actually much better on rough backroads than the Subaru). Overall this car is a solid winner, though, despite a few complaints.

Underpowered but reliable - easy drive
By Neil on 03/10/07 01:51 AM (PST)

2000 Subaru Impreza Wagon L 4dr Wagon AWD

This car is very reliable. That was part of the reason I bought it in the first place. It will hug any surface and get you out of a tight spot if caught on any loose surface.

Impreza
By nukegirl on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Subaru Impreza Wagon L 4dr Wagon AWD

This car is super practical for a single, active person and really fun to drive. Acceleration and handling are great. I can't think of a better fit for me at this time in my life.