Used 2000 Subaru Impreza RS Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Subaru Impreza RS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

MY00 2.5RS GC6 Review
By Cameron

2000 Subaru Impreza RS RS 4dr Sedan AWD

Let me preface this review by saying this is quite possibly the best AWD car ever made. It is so well buttoned up it's almost too good to be true.

I am a car enthusiast and a researcher. Before I bought this car, I made sure to research every possible make and model with the features I was looking for, as well as go and drive them. I drove the Blobeye/Hawkeye STI's, Evo 7-10 Lancers, and Mazdaspeed 3 and 6. I was looking for a reliable, safe, fun, AWD, 5/6MT, family-friendly, affordable four-door sports car. It's a tall order, but it's exactly what I got out of my 2.5RS. Sure, you can definitely find a faster car, but I haven't been in a car that pulls the same amount of G's in the corners - not to mention Subarus are like legos; if you want you can drop an STI engine in it for a really affordable sum. I was surprised just how much I love the N/A EJ251 that comes stock in the 2.5RS.

If you are looking into this car, you know what you want. If you want the same thing I did, this is the car for you. There are a few cons of course; there's a bit of wind noise/vibration, and the interior is a bit lackluster. Those are my only complaints, and both of those can be fixed with a little deadening materiel, some higher quality fabrics, and some custom bits.

I didn't want to make this review long, so in conclusion, everything about this car is about as perfect as you can get.

Subaru believer
By russ

2000 Subaru Impreza RS RS 4dr Sedan AWD

This is my 3rd Subaru and I must admit the best of the lot. The 2.5 is quick and economical. I have not had any problems with in the 130000 miles I have on it. I just had to replace the timing belt and water pump and one rear bearing in 10 years. I wish you could put on hydraulics to lift it off the ground more in the winter. Too much snow and I have problems. I trained two kids how to drive a manual in duluth, mn which is full of hills and the clutch held up till last spring. I still get looks from some people when I drive by.

The sound system in it and just the pick up when I need to have it to pass or just get out of the way of things.

The cup holder was not the best place and I see in later models it has been moved.

Best looking Impreza ever brought 2 USA
By Jay Olson

2000 Subaru Impreza RS RS 2dr Coupe AWD

Very sharp, attractive car draws attention from everyone. A blast to drive. Very easy to control, with a little bit of understear. Great low end torque allows it to hang with cars such as the Eclipse GST and GSX from a stand still. Holds its value very well. People that own it don't want to sell it. If you are looking for more horsepower, there are many easy bolt on upgrades available, or you can always do a motor swap. Auto transmission is good, but not recommended if you are thinking about adding a lot of power to it. I purchased my Impreza RS brand new, and now Subaru's are just about all I will drive. Oh, and the AWD is great on a track, street, or in the dirt.

Body styling, low end torque, vehicles weight is 400-500 lbs less then a new Impreza STi.

More top end power, but now you can get a WRX or STi if that's all you are looking for. Car seems to dent easily. Stronger transmission would be nice, but not needed for 99% of owners.

gotta love it
By tim, subyrally

2000 Subaru Impreza RS RS 2dr Coupe AWD

i got this car before i even got a
liscence. i love it so much, the only
compliant is the cup holders, mine
broke off with a full cup of soda from
taco bell.i love the seats in this
car. i love the fact that it has more
torque than horse power, it runs like
a scalded beast.stock, its faster than
any other stock 4 cyl car, well with a
few exceptions. i wouldnt trade iot
for anything but maybe another.

AWD, handling, the rims, that great boxer sound after i did my exhaust.

cup holders, stronger lift points.

One of the best little cars
By EBS39

I have had 4 cars, and I'm only 20
years old. I love cars, my parents
started me out with a Subaru Impreza
L. I sold it and got a Mitsubishi
3000GT, because I wanted something
sportier and faster. Well that got old
quick when I noticed it was a gas hog,
and only took premium gas. I sold it,
and got a VW Jetta GLS, something that
was easier on gas, but I went right
back to the problem of having little
power, and once a huge winter hit. I
felt lost without my AWD. As soon as
summer hit, I started looking at the
Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS. They are good
looking, AWD, and faster than any
average car. It fit me perfect. Best
all-around car anyone could find.

The looks of the exterior is what attracted me to the car.

Faster get-up-n-go. It isnt as fast as it should be with the size engine that it has.