Used 2000 Subaru Impreza RS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Subaru Impreza RS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Subaru believer
By russ

2000 Subaru Impreza RS RS 4dr Sedan AWD

This is my 3rd Subaru and I must admit the best of the lot. The 2.5 is quick and economical. I have not had any problems with in the 130000 miles I have on it. I just had to replace the timing belt and water pump and one rear bearing in 10 years. I wish you could put on hydraulics to lift it off the ground more in the winter. Too much snow and I have problems. I trained two kids how to drive a manual in duluth, mn which is full of hills and the clutch held up till last spring. I still get looks from some people when I drive by.

The sound system in it and just the pick up when I need to have it to pass or just get out of the way of things.

The cup holder was not the best place and I see in later models it has been moved.

Best looking Impreza ever brought 2 USA
By Jay Olson

2000 Subaru Impreza RS RS 2dr Coupe AWD

Very sharp, attractive car draws attention from everyone. A blast to drive. Very easy to control, with a little bit of understear. Great low end torque allows it to hang with cars such as the Eclipse GST and GSX from a stand still. Holds its value very well. People that own it don't want to sell it. If you are looking for more horsepower, there are many easy bolt on upgrades available, or you can always do a motor swap. Auto transmission is good, but not recommended if you are thinking about adding a lot of power to it. I purchased my Impreza RS brand new, and now Subaru's are just about all I will drive. Oh, and the AWD is great on a track, street, or in the dirt.

Body styling, low end torque, vehicles weight is 400-500 lbs less then a new Impreza STi.

More top end power, but now you can get a WRX or STi if that's all you are looking for. Car seems to dent easily. Stronger transmission would be nice, but not needed for 99% of owners.

gotta love it
By tim, subyrally

2000 Subaru Impreza RS RS 2dr Coupe AWD

i got this car before i even got a liscence. i love it so much, the only compliant is the cup holders, mine broke off with a full cup of soda from taco bell.i love the seats in this car. i love the fact that it has more torque than horse power, it runs like a scalded beast.stock, its faster than any other stock 4 cyl car, well with a few exceptions. i wouldnt trade iot for anything but maybe another.

AWD, handling, the rims, that great boxer sound after i did my exhaust.

cup holders, stronger lift points.

One of the best little cars
By EBS39

2000 Subaru Impreza RS RS 4dr Sedan AWD

I have had 4 cars, and I'm only 20 years old. I love cars, my parents started me out with a Subaru Impreza L. I sold it and got a Mitsubishi 3000GT, because I wanted something sportier and faster. Well that got old quick when I noticed it was a gas hog, and only took premium gas. I sold it, and got a VW Jetta GLS, something that was easier on gas, but I went right back to the problem of having little power, and once a huge winter hit. I felt lost without my AWD. As soon as summer hit, I started looking at the Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS. They are good looking, AWD, and faster than any average car. It fit me perfect. Best all-around car anyone could find.

The looks of the exterior is what attracted me to the car.

Faster get-up-n-go. It isnt as fast as it should be with the size engine that it has.

Caffeine-free version of Impreza WRX
By Space_Monkey

2000 Subaru Impreza RS RS 2dr Coupe AWD

AWD is no excuse to drive with abandon, but it instills more confidence in inclement weather. Despite small engine, lacking turbo of new Subarus, acceleration is adequate. Braking is never a problem. Uncommon exterior appearance turns heads (but I'm tiring of others trying to race me.) Front seats are comfortable over long distances; offer good support when cornering. Climate system works well; use of A/C hardly affects power. Components (brakes, exhaust) have lasted longer than expected.

AWD, exterior appearance

Modest gas milage; numerous fit/finish issues; absurd locations for cup holders; paint easily blemished; irksome lack of lighting in glove box/trunk irksome; transmission is weak link in otherwise fun-to-drive car; power window elevators scratch windows