Used 2000 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Fun to drive but not very reliable
By Eriks

2000 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD

I've certainly enjoyed driving this car but the frequency of return visits to repair the same items over and over has ensured that we are very unlikely to buy another Subaru.

Great handling, good acceleration, long legs on the highway, built-in roof rack, sound of the boxer in 5th gear.

Wheel bearing longevity, clutch actuator assembly, factory battery, moisture resistance of ignition, A/C longevity, warping disc rotors, corroding disc rotors, better cup holders, intrusion of rear suspension into cargo area.

Very Reliable Subaru
By Big M

2000 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD

I bought my Subaru after test driving it in the snow and loving the way it handled. I currently have 150k on the car and it runs perfect. I will buy another Subaru again based on this experience.

I enjoy the handling and the way the car gets good power from such a small engine (fuel efficient). I average 26mpg on mixed driving and as high as 31mpg on the interstate

There is a lot of ambient noise in the car, it can get a little annoying when my three young kids are in the car with the radio on.

Love my Subaru Wagon
By Lisa Green

2000 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD

I love my Subaru Impreza Outback Wagon. It's such a reliable little car and is always ready to haul gear for my band, carry mulch for the garden, or go on vacation. My costs for repair in the last five years have been minimal, with the exception of replacing one oxygen sensor (to meet NY state inspection) and replacing the timing belt (standard after 60,000 miles).

My favorite feature is the hatch back which makes it easy to haul anything.

I wish the car had wheels instead of wheel covers, which always break and get lost. Also wish loading deck to trunk was lower. Seats should be a little bit higher and more padded/comfy.

Michigan review
By Subuaru Impreza

2000 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD

The car has really kept us moving. It it good on gas (about 25 hwy) and rides smoothly. The turn radius is good for parking. The hatch back is ideal for around town for a trip to the grocery or even hardware store, as the back seats easily fold down (2/3 split) to allow one person in back while extra room is created for long items such as garden tools or lumber. The ride could be a little quieter but then that would mean more weight thus increasing mileage. So can't have everything. The AWD is great in heavy downpours or when snow begins to fall. I really feel secure to the road, even during these conditions.

Hatchback and fold downs seats let me fit anything. The AWD really help as Michigan's snow begins to fall. The gas mileage is great to get the kids to and fro and get us to work.

It should be less noisy. Cruising on the highway tends to be a bit windy sounding. The room in back seat is not ideal for tall persons.

Dejvu All Over Again
By Big truck driver

2000 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD

Neding a small and reliable car for daily commute, I looked over Honda, Nissan, and the Dodge Neon, finally deciding on the Suburu Outback Sport.I have been driving a 1998 Dodge Ram 4x4 crew cab for the past three years and needed something more economical for my 35 mile one way daily commute. The only thing getting used to was the size difference.Exterior looks great. Bought used but well taken care of. It's a pleasure and lots of fun to drive. Interior could be appointed a bit nicer for the price of the car, Who ever designed the cup holder to sit in front of the dash vent and heter/air controls should be looking for a new job.

Style Performance Mileage

Interior could have a more mature look.