Used 2000 Subaru Impreza RS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Subaru believer
By russ

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 4dr Sedan AWD

This is my 3rd Subaru and I must admit the best of the lot. The 2.5 is quick and economical. I have not had any problems with in the 130000 miles I have on it. I just had to replace the timing belt and water pump and one rear bearing in 10 years. I wish you could put on hydraulics to lift it off the ground more in the winter. Too much snow and I have problems. I trained two kids how to drive a manual in duluth, mn which is full of hills and the clutch held up till last spring. I still get looks from some people when I drive by.

Favorite Features

The sound system in it and just the pick up when I need to have it to pass or just get out of the way of things.

Suggested Improvements

The cup holder was not the best place and I see in later models it has been moved.

One of the best little cars
By EBS39

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 4dr Sedan AWD

I have had 4 cars, and I'm only 20 years old. I love cars, my parents started me out with a Subaru Impreza L. I sold it and got a Mitsubishi 3000GT, because I wanted something sportier and faster. Well that got old quick when I noticed it was a gas hog, and only took premium gas. I sold it, and got a VW Jetta GLS, something that was easier on gas, but I went right back to the problem of having little power, and once a huge winter hit. I felt lost without my AWD. As soon as summer hit, I started looking at the Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS. They are good looking, AWD, and faster than any average car. It fit me perfect. Best all-around car anyone could find.

Favorite Features

The looks of the exterior is what attracted me to the car.

Suggested Improvements

Faster get-up-n-go. It isnt as fast as it should be with the size engine that it has.

Subaru a great value
By Subaru nut

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 4dr Sedan AWD

First time Subaru buyer, great car, good for snow and maintance. I would buy again.

Loved the Impreza RS!!
By SportyChic

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 4dr Sedan AWD

This was my first car, and I absolutely loved it. Never failed me in the snow storms. Perfectly hugs the road and turns like you're in a high speed car chase! It was my baby, and now it's going to my younger sister. If you love to drive fast and look good doing it, this is the car.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage. Huge fog lights. Hood scoop. Driving performance(in nice weather and HEAVY snow, even foot deep water during a flood). The whole front end ROCKS!!

Suggested Improvements

Inside is kind of plain/basic looking. This model didn't have fold down back seats.

One of Subaru's Greatest Accomplishments
By 2.5RS

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 4dr Sedan AWD

The Subaru Impreza RS is one of the most exciting vehicles on the road today. It tears into corners with dignity and grace. Then flys out of them like a Banshee. It has ample acceleration and destroys those kids with tricked out Honda with ease off the line. I give the Subaru Impreza RS a perfect 10.

Favorite Features

AWD and The appearance package(Spoiler, side skirts, hoodscoop/vents, and Fog lights).

Suggested Improvements

I think the car is Perfect.