2000 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Subaru believer
By russ on 12/15/09 15:04 PM (PST)

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 4dr Sedan AWD

This is my 3rd Subaru and I must admit the best of the lot. The 2.5 is quick and economical. I have not had any problems with in the 130000 miles I have on it. I just had to replace the timing belt and water pump and one rear bearing in 10 years. I wish you could put on hydraulics to lift it off the ground more in the winter. Too much snow and I have problems. I trained two kids how to drive a manual in duluth, mn which is full of hills and the clutch held up till last spring. I still get looks from some people when I drive by.

One of the best little cars
By EBS39 on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 4dr Sedan AWD

I have had 4 cars, and I'm only 20 years old. I love cars, my parents started me out with a Subaru Impreza L. I sold it and got a Mitsubishi 3000GT, because I wanted something sportier and faster. Well that got old quick when I noticed it was a gas hog, and only took premium gas. I sold it, and got a VW Jetta GLS, something that was easier on gas, but I went right back to the problem of having little power, and once a huge winter hit. I felt lost without my AWD. As soon as summer hit, I started looking at the Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS. They are good looking, AWD, and faster than any average car. It fit me perfect. Best all-around car anyone could find.

Subaru a great value
By Subaru nut on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 4dr Sedan AWD

First time Subaru buyer, great car, good for snow and maintance. I would buy again.

Loved the Impreza RS!!
By SportyChic on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 4dr Sedan AWD

This was my first car, and I absolutely loved it. Never failed me in the snow storms. Perfectly hugs the road and turns like you're in a high speed car chase! It was my baby, and now it's going to my younger sister. If you love to drive fast and look good doing it, this is the car.

One of Subaru's Greatest Accomplishments
By 2.5RS on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 4dr Sedan AWD

The Subaru Impreza RS is one of the most exciting vehicles on the road today. It tears into corners with dignity and grace. Then flys out of them like a Banshee. It has ample acceleration and destroys those kids with tricked out Honda with ease off the line. I give the Subaru Impreza RS a perfect 10.

Great car
By Erik Raab on 02/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 4dr Sedan AWD

very good in snow, Fun to drive, Safe, worth every penny!

Wonderful car
By my car on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought this car right when it came out, and I have never regretted it. From the time that I have had the car, the only real problem I have had is that the alarm got messed up at one point, and a Subaru Dealership fixed it, provided me a rental, and had the car towed in all for no charge, even though the warranty was already up. I have been hit a few times since I got this car, and every time the body of my car would show only a scratch when the other car would need some major work. I would definietly recommend this car to anyone, especially with the good mileage and with how well the car retains its value.

Still great!
By DavisJ on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 4dr Sedan AWD

I have owned my 2000 Impreza RS 4dr for a little over three years and it's been incredibly reliable with no problems outside of routine maintenance. All Subarus are incredibly reliable. I plan on driving my Impreza to over 100K miles. I do lots of driving and my 2000 RS now has 64K miles. I recently replaced the stock tires which were great tires. I could have kept them for another 10K miles, but the winter is coming. The RE92's were a great V-rated tire. This has been just an overall great car to own and the AWD is just great in the snow and rain.

Pre-WRX fun car
By kramp on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 4dr Sedan AWD

I purchased the 4 door 2.5RS due to the fact that my commute had increased significantly, and I was replacing a 4WD Nissan Pathfinder and wanted something I could take to Tahoe. The build quality of the car itself is quite good, but the interior needs some work. Gas mileage seems to stay constant around 25MPG, which I would have expected to be better, especially w/ no turbo. The stock tires are just barely sufficient for anyone that drives their car hard, but they do allow for good slides :o Overall, the car has been great since I bought it in 2000, with very little in the way of problems (had a leaky windshield in the first rain, and a little recall)

Proven again and again!
By Spanked TypeR on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 4dr Sedan AWD

Pre-WRX, just add the goods and you will find the awd power slide. Grips like the true champ in WRC. Only the ones that know, buy it! Either 4dr or 2dr, no biggie there.