2000 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Reliable Car
By Blueimpreza on 09/06/10 15:56 PM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Impreza L 2dr Coupe AWD

I bought this impreza l coupe 3 months ago for my job. I have put 10k miles on it in 3 months and this car has been amazing inside and out. If you want a reliable motor the 2.2 is the way to go as long as you do your basic maintenance this car will go above 200k mark easy. This is my 2nd Subaru and i can say that for the price, this is the best investment i've made.

Subaru believer
By russ on 12/15/09 15:04 PM (PST)

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 4dr Sedan AWD

This is my 3rd Subaru and I must admit the best of the lot. The 2.5 is quick and economical. I have not had any problems with in the 130000 miles I have on it. I just had to replace the timing belt and water pump and one rear bearing in 10 years. I wish you could put on hydraulics to lift it off the ground more in the winter. Too much snow and I have problems. I trained two kids how to drive a manual in duluth, mn which is full of hills and the clutch held up till last spring. I still get looks from some people when I drive by.

RIP at 261,000 miles
By MileHighMotorist on 06/05/09 23:10 PM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Wagon AWD

Dead due to a broken timing belt at 261,000 original miles (entirely my fault: I only only replaced the timing belt twice & I ignored the squealing belt for a week before it broke). Remarkably good condition at death, considering what I'd put it through over the years -- who knows how many miles I'd have gotten if I'd checked out that squealing belt? Only two serious flaws in my opinion: The clutch cable snapped TWICE during ownership (once during a blizzard!), and too little ground clearance, particularly in front (an old Toyota Tercel EZ I'd previously owned was actually much better on rough backroads than the Subaru). Overall this car is a solid winner, though, despite a few complaints.

Fun to drive but not very reliable
By Eriks on 05/13/09 08:14 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD

I've certainly enjoyed driving this car but the frequency of return visits to repair the same items over and over has ensured that we are very unlikely to buy another Subaru.

Underpowered but reliable - easy drive
By Neil on 03/10/07 01:51 AM (PST)

2000 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Wagon AWD

This car is very reliable. That was part of the reason I bought it in the first place. It will hug any surface and get you out of a tight spot if caught on any loose surface.

Very Reliable Subaru
By Big M on 09/09/06 07:05 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD

I bought my Subaru after test driving it in the snow and loving the way it handled. I currently have 150k on the car and it runs perfect. I will buy another Subaru again based on this experience.

Love my Subaru Wagon
By Lisa Green on 07/13/06 13:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD

I love my Subaru Impreza Outback Wagon. It's such a reliable little car and is always ready to haul gear for my band, carry mulch for the garden, or go on vacation. My costs for repair in the last five years have been minimal, with the exception of replacing one oxygen sensor (to meet NY state inspection) and replacing the timing belt (standard after 60,000 miles).

Michigan review
By Subuaru Impreza on 05/18/06 10:56 AM (PDT)

2000 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD

The car has really kept us moving. It it good on gas (about 25 hwy) and rides smoothly. The turn radius is good for parking. The hatch back is ideal for around town for a trip to the grocery or even hardware store, as the back seats easily fold down (2/3 split) to allow one person in back while extra room is created for long items such as garden tools or lumber. The ride could be a little quieter but then that would mean more weight thus increasing mileage. So can't have everything. The AWD is great in heavy downpours or when snow begins to fall. I really feel secure to the road, even during these conditions.

Best looking Impreza ever brought 2 USA
By Jay Olson on 01/15/06 18:49 PM (PST)

2000 Subaru Impreza RS 2dr Coupe AWD

Very sharp, attractive car draws attention from everyone. A blast to drive. Very easy to control, with a little bit of understear. Great low end torque allows it to hang with cars such as the Eclipse GST and GSX from a stand still. Holds its value very well. People that own it don't want to sell it. If you are looking for more horsepower, there are many easy bolt on upgrades available, or you can always do a motor swap. Auto transmission is good, but not recommended if you are thinking about adding a lot of power to it. I purchased my Impreza RS brand new, and now Subaru's are just about all I will drive. Oh, and the AWD is great on a track, street, or in the dirt.

awesome
By Solberg on 01/19/05 21:06 PM (PST)

2000 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Sedan AWD

Bought it fron uncle at EXTREMELY lowprice and it is a great car. My wholelife i have been a scooby freak eversince the familys first subaru (loyale).Every person i get into one of these never goes elsewhere. Great car, handles great in snow, fun to drive, extremely reliable, and quite peppy even in automatic form. I love the steering andhandling and on dry road you can feelthe tarmac sucking grip of the "Subarusymetrical AWD", Comfortable car also. All around great car and would recomendany Subaru to anyone no matter what their needs there is a Subaru for them.

1 2 3 4 5 next »