1999 Subaru Impreza 2.2L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Dad's Old Winter Car

1999 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

L Wagon (2.2L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Dad's Old Winter Car
By NY Kid on

1999 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Wagon AWD

My Impreza used to be my dad's old winter car, but when we moved to AZ it was given to me since my old car died. It's such a fun little car to throw around back roads, with decent power and great handling. This car's powertrain has been reliable, and has been driven cross country with no issues. The frameless windows are a pain. Three of my windows do not roll down because they are off track and the power window motors are busted. Also, the rear hatch squeaks and rattles, but nothing I can't live with. Even with these little problems, I love my car and plan on holding onto it until it dies, which should be a while, since our previous Subarus have made it over 200k and I only have 76k after 8 years.

Favorite Features

AWD, peppy motor, wagon utility, storage bin on top of dash, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Put more dampening on the rear hatch to stop squeaking. Eliminate some road noise. Frameless windows are a terrible design. Also a bit more power wouldn't hurt, but this has been addressed with the newer turbocharged models.