1999 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Great Little Compact Sports Ca

1999 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

Great Little Compact Sports Car
By adidas2284 on

1999 Subaru Impreza RS 2dr Coupe AWD

I've owned my Subie for the past 4 years. I bought it knowing it had a rebuilt title and had the passenger front redone, to include rewelding some of the fenderwell. I bought it w/ 92k mi and now have 133k mi on it. Its never let me down. The factory clutch had some minor defects and doesn't have a good clamping force, but I replaced that for a performance one. Its a fun ride and I love taking the long way home from work. I baby it about 80% of the time and drive it hard the rest and not once had an issue w/ the car. It has developed a small oil leak (1/2 qt between oil changes) but its not enough to matter. The only real downside is the decent MPG's and cheap looking interior.

The rare style, sun roof, AWD, 2.5l boxer engine, reliability, the comfort and the amount of interior room for a 2 door compact. Its a Subie

A little more fuel efficient engine and bit more attention to the interior. Some complain about the cup holder below the vent breaking but I've put some heavy cups in there w/ no problems, but I also don't slam them in the cup holder. AND QUIT CHANGING UP THE WIRING HARNESS EVERY FREAKING YEAR. Engine swaps are hard because of this.