1998 Subaru Impreza 2.2L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - First Car, First Love

1998 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

1998 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD

Outback Sport Wagon (2.2L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

First Car, First Love
By cameronkelly82 on

1998 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD

After months of reading the reviews on Edmunds my parents had enough and bought the Outback without my knowledge. I was mad for all of a second. I truly loved this car. Purchased at 135,000 I took it to 180,000 without a single problem be for it was murdered in a hit and run accident. Gas milage averaged 23 mpg's consistently. I had the joy of taking it to the snow ALOT, and not a single problem. If this car didn't get hit I would be giving it to my kids (I'm 21). A great first car the roof racks are great for surfboards, the seats lay flat for the snowboards, Mt. Bikes, Skimboards, dogs, and naps if you lay diagonally. If you have the chance this is a great first car!

Favorite Features

Gas milage, Versatility, AWD, Reliability, Price, Ability to go anywhere, Hood scoop (that does nothing).

Suggested Improvements

A little more speed would be great for fun and getting on the freeways in L.A. Other than that absolutely nothing.
By browniesamson
on 12/26/14 17:23 PM (PST)

Great review. You addressed everything I was curious about. How tall are you? I'm 5'7" and like to car camp. Thanks