Used 1998 Subaru Impreza RS RS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

RS 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual - (5 reviews )

My ScoobyRoo
By Matt

1998 Subaru Impreza RS RS 2dr Coupe AWD

This is my first Subaru and I am extremely satisfied with it. I bought the car with 145K but with a rebuilt engine and it has never given me problems at all. the cars solid frame and design just make it own the road and not let go no matter how hard you try. the car is amazing and i plan on keeping it for a very long time. She's 10 years old but still races like a champ.

Favorite Features

The AWD in the winter makes this car the best thing I have ever driven. especially doing AWD donuts and for people that know what I'm talking about know how much fun it is to make your friends sick. And the car is amazing off the line in a drag race

Suggested Improvements

I love the sound of mine with its exhaust redone. Borla headers and an injen intake make the car roar. Very intimidating. Lowering springs also help the car grip the road even more. I've taken highway on ramps at close to 80 and the body does not shift on me

1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
By dvp560d

1998 Subaru Impreza RS RS 2dr Coupe AWD

Very fast in the corners, but a little lacking on exit. It needs the new WRX's 2.0L turbo, albeit without its inherent ugliness. This is the best Impreza to date (excluding the WRX), especially in the styling department, but also in the handling department.

Favorite Features

I love to drag this car! It has awesome grip off the line and the shifts can be snapped off with a smoothness I've never experienced in any other car. The high roof makes for oodles of headroom (I would know, I'm 6'4") and the seats are superb on long trips.

Suggested Improvements

The exhaust makes a loud drone at 80, which is about 3500 rpm. This car could make fantasic use of the new WRX's turbo four. The factory speakers are flimsy and produce a hollow, muffled sound.

Fun to drive!
By Evil-Mastermind

1998 Subaru Impreza RS RS 2dr Coupe AWD

I love my 98 Impreza 2.5RS. It's a blast to drive, and feels very solid on all sorts of terrain. The nastiest road becomes fun to drive, even in the rain. All wheel drive is an incredible bit of engineering, and you'll find out how cool it is the first time you take a corner. I've never had any engine trouble or mechanical problems of any sort, and I trust it to take me out to the middle of nowhere and get me back home safely. I strongly recommend the Impreza to anyone looking for a solid, fun car that's not a cookie-cutter version of everything else out there.

Favorite Features

Handling is the strong point of the Impreza. The unique great looks of the car are an added bonus. Fun to drive and it turns heads.

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade to new performance tires to unlock full potential of this car.

The super 165 horse Subaru
By Robert Millsop

1998 Subaru Impreza RS RS 2dr Coupe AWD

Very fun to drive. Driving this car was a pleasure, I had no problems with it.

Favorite Features

It's sporty suspension.

Suggested Improvements

If the US would let it happen, that would be cool if they let the WRX Type- R in america.

hunu