1997 Subaru Impreza 2.2L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - What a great little car!

1997 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

What a great little car!
By roffle on

1997 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Wagon AWD

As a first-car-owner, I guess I don't have much to compare it to, but my little Impreza is a great car, especially considering what I paid. Very comfortable drive position, leather steering wheel, very accessible instrument panel, except the cup holder. It's straight-line performance is adequate, a little better since I added a cold air intake, but its cornering capabilities are limitless, especially with my strut bar. This economy 5-door wagon hugs turns like they're going out of style. AWD is awesome, snow means nothing anymore.

Favorite Features

Drive position, leather steering wheel, instrument panel, all-wheel drive, trunkspace, folding rear-seats, basic yet stylish interior, engine roar, subtle spoiler and sporty roof rack. Front end is very aggressive looking.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder, rear legroom (though what should I care, I'm never back there :), alloy wheels would've been nice... gold ones... :), and a sunroof is an option on the 2.5RS, why not the 2.2wagon? The rear is borderline ugly.