1997 Subaru Impreza 2.2L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - My First

1997 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

L Wagon (2.2L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

My First
By wickedawsome7 on

1997 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Wagon AWD

I bought this car to commute me around. I bought it after saving up a little money(600). Once I got past the body repairs, it ran like a top. It has been amazing through the New England weather even without anti-lock brakes. The major issue is that cars of this time have issues where they rust in the rear wheels. I think the previous owners must have gone off-roading. the only major scare I have had is replacing the speedometer sensor, and replacing the radiator cap(my mechanic thought it was the was the engine gasket, I almost junked the car.) I love this car and I will run it into the ground.

Favorite Features

I love the cup holders, I think modern cars have obvious cup-holders and should go back to making them appear out of the woodwork. I also like being able to fold the back flat. It hugs curves like there is no tomorrow. I often find myself going 15 mph over the speed limit because I just cant tell. I loved how easy it was to replace the radio.

Suggested Improvements

The rear wheel wells needed better structure so they didn't rust as badly. The rear windshield wiper also doesn't work. The seal around my door could be better and there is road noise that comes through the back panels. It has plenty of room in the front, taller passengers my find issue in the rear. I wish the rear bench split 30/60 like the seats do. I also wish that I could have a split level unlocking system.