1996 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Well, it IS Reliable!

1996 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Review

Well, it IS Reliable!
By Car Owner on

1996 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Sedan AWD

The windows are stupid. They have no frame and there is just the door's molding. The windows leak and often freeze, also creating moisture IN the car (windshields esp.). The A/C is EXTREMELY cold, heat is EXTREMELY warm. WISH it came with ABS and the AWD is not 50/50, so doesn't perform as great on the ice/snow/slush. The gas mileage isn't as good as I expected, I get about 17-18 (IF I am lucky) in the city. However, this thing hasn't failed me yet, and I hope to keep on driving it til it's dead (and I hope that won't be for a long time!)

It's got good pick-up. I like the color of my car and the body design for the most part, but this car is NOT my favorite.

More legroom for backseat, the trunk has only like a tarp-like thing over the doughnut, which is odd. Windows, again, do NOT seal right (even newer Sub.'s do this!), would like to have had ABS, 50/50 AWD, cruise control, and fog lights on the BASIC models. Gas mileage NEEDS improvement.