Used 1996 Subaru Impreza L Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

L Sedan (2.2L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Awesome
By phredsir on 12/01/07 13:16 PM (PST)

1996 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Sedan AWD

This is my first car and I love it. I have never had any troubles with it I would recommend looking for a Subaru it you are in the market for a new car.

Well, it IS Reliable!
By Car Owner on 03/08/05 16:25 PM (PST)

1996 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Sedan AWD

The windows are stupid. They have no frame and there is just the door's molding. The windows leak and often freeze, also creating moisture IN the car (windshields esp.). The A/C is EXTREMELY cold, heat is EXTREMELY warm. WISH it came with ABS and the AWD is not 50/50, so doesn't perform as great on the ice/snow/slush. The gas mileage isn't as good as I expected, I get about 17-18 (IF I am lucky) in the city. However, this thing hasn't failed me yet, and I hope to keep on driving it til it's dead (and I hope that won't be for a long time!)

Great College Car!
By TheJimmyJ on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought this car halfway through college, and i couldn't be happier. AWD is great, beats my parents cars in the winter; it hugs the curves like it was my grandma at thanksgiving; accel. is ok, but it is amazingly peppy- my friends all want to drive it; its safe, with its dual airbags. and common enough that repairs are inexpensive. since i DID buy it used, it did have problems. i think there was a shimmy in the wheel, bad belt,and back strut. its all fixed, and i could still afford my books. Problems: ITS SO SMALL! = major inferiority complex. virtually no back seat room. Though it is techniclly a sedan, i think of it as a 4-door coupe.