Used 1996 Subaru Impreza L Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

My Little Tank
By Jackie

1996 Subaru Impreza L 2dr Coupe AWD

This car has been so reliable and hard working. The basic upkeep is all it has ever needed. When it snowed and the Mustang Cobra couldn't make it out of the driveway and the Mitsubishi Mirage slip, slided away.. the trusty Impreza just plowed on through! We purchased the basic, basic model... no frills and it just keeps on going. Always getting us where we need and want to go safely and with a minimum of fuss and bother. I am now looking to replace my 2001 Mitsubishi with a new Impreza... although I will go a little heavier on the "extras" this time.

Favorite Features

4WD, solid, sturdy feel and handling.

One Tough Set Of Wheels
By GF

1996 Subaru Impreza L 2dr Coupe AWD

This car is great. I have owned it for 7 years and it has continued to be a reliable, fun to drive car. It's no RS or WRX, but the basic foundation is there. This, combined with the AWD make this car a blast to drive hard into corners and accelerate out of curves with grip that sticks like superglue. This car absolutely loves bad weather. Snow and rain are simply no match for the incredible AWD. Bottom line: I love knowing that this car will get me where I need to go safely, and comfortably. The AWD is confidence inspiring. You really do feel safe in this car, no matter what the weather. How many cars in this price class can you say that about?

Favorite Features

ALL WHEEL DRIVE!! The steering is nicely weighted. Heater and AC work quickly every time. Knowing that my car will start every time I turn the key!

Suggested Improvements

firmer anchors for the frameless windows. They rattle too much when partially down and my drivers side window came off the track once. Dealer repaired under warranty.