Used 1996 Subaru Impreza Brighton Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Most reliable car I've owned
By Silent

1996 Subaru Impreza Brighton 2dr Coupe AWD

My little Brighton just turned over 270,000 miles. I purchased this car a few years back with 180,000 miles; thought it would make a great car for my kid. When she left for college, I kept driving it. Great commuter car.

Goes through snow like a sled dog on steroids. Excellent build quality. Extreme reliability.

None. For the money (4,000 when I bought it) I can't imagine getting a better buy.

Great Car
By Mullet

1996 Subaru Impreza Brighton 2dr Coupe AWD

I canít say enough about this hog. Sheís never let me down once. Iíve owned the car now for two years and have had absolutely no problems, nothing. Iím an avid snowboarder and I feel completely comfortable under any weather conditions with the AWD. The car is tractor in the snow and Iím happy to say itís managed to plow through some serious predicaments. It handles beautifully however could use a little more horsepower. Besides the lack of power, which can be frustrating, the car is infallible.

Almost everything

There are a few things, however the car has been so great to me I would do the car a great injustice by complaining.