The Car that won't die
By danboy1 on
1995 Subaru Impreza LX 2dr Coupe AWD
I bought this car 7 years ago, and it was the best decision I ever made. Only had 60k miles when I bought it; now has 170k. This car has been all the way across the country and back. Has endured 3 very minor accidents, which are fully repaired, and has lived through a technician's serious error. He had taken the pulley's and gears off the crank shaft to fix an oil leak but didn't put it back together right. The car jumped out of timing, which i couldn't figure out at first, and ran it like that for some time. When the problem got to bad to run the car, we finally figured out the problem. When other American made junk would have been dead, this car still runs like when i got it. Assume!!!
Favorite Features
I really like the durability of this car. It's tough...not like the new "plastic junk" they make now. You can't imagine how hard i drive this car...but every time i drive it, it still responds the same. Even though it's front wheel drive, I've watch this car out preform other front wheelers in the snow and rain. It moves through the snow like nobody's business. The sad part is the paint is starting to fade. After all, it is 17 years old. But i hope to get it repainted soon, perhaps a nice "metallic sapphire blue."
Suggested Improvements
If there is anything i could fix about the car, is that it is a little sluggish on take off and has been since i got it. it needs a little more punch when i hit the gas. But all-in-all i can't complain about how well this car has withstood the test of time.... and my driving. :)