Used 1995 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Great Little Car!
By Jim

1995 Subaru Impreza LX 4dr Wagon AWD

This car has been in our family since new. Minor routine maintenance and we have 145,000 miles and still going like the day we took it home. AWD makes it burn a little extra gas, but this car rides better on the ice and snow than our jeep! Love the split back seats, nice pep in the 2.2, and still doesn't burn a drop of oil. Would only hope that our next car runs this well.

AWD in the winter, ice cold AC in the summer. Reliable, lots of room for a subcompact wagon, peppy 2.2 liter.

Cup holder is in a bad position to drip into the radio / shift mechanism. After market would probably take care of that problem- can't have it all I guess.

Best Grocery Grabber On the Market
By Chris

1995 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Wagon AWD

This is an example of a well rounded car at its core. Subaru is by far the most underrated car company on the planet, and this car lives up to the Subaru family name. For its price, you are getting safety, reliability, and comfort. Not the fastest car on the block, but if you bought this car, you probably weren't looking for that anyway. I would personally give this car a 9 out of 10 for being what it was supposed to be.

I like the fact that all Subaru models come with All Wheel Drive, and an attractive interior.

If I were to improve on anything, I guess it would have to be top end horse power, but like I said, it wasn't meant to be a race car.

Subaru is the way to go.
By awd_dreamin

1995 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Sedan AWD

The 1.8L equipped with the 5 speed and AWD is adequate. The car wont sit you back in your seat off the line. But once the car is traveling at highway speeds it has plenty of passing power. the awd comes in handy in the rain. the car feels very stable and confident. Same can be said driving in the snow. The back seat will seat 2 Ok. My only complaint about the car is the gearbox. 1 3 5 are far away from each other, it takes some getting used to. the car handles excellent. If you need a good reliable car dont hesitate to give the impreza a look. with its abundance of body styles. Wagon/Sedan/Coupe you can find a car to fit your needs.

All wheel drive, Good handling, Better styling than other cars of that era. potential to be modified with later model subaru parts i.e. engine, transmission. Can you say WRX?

Stronger engine, adressed with the 2.2L and 2.5 rs in 1998. and WRX in 2002.

great carrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
By odessit

1995 Subaru Impreza Outback 4dr Wagon AWD

I bought the impreza becaus i always wanted an awd , and the car is just great, in snow its like a rock whan u slip it feels like u gettin puled back on the road by a mgnit or something

great AWD pretty quick to change lanes on highway, cold ac good heat

more horses maybe put a turbo

The best used car I've ever owned
By jefferdmann

1995 Subaru Impreza L Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I had a 2003 Cadillac CTS that was a lemon. After the dealer bought it back I needed a car. I bought this car on ebay for $1200.00. I put in new spark plugs and that was it. It's FWD handled fantastic in the blizzard last year. Very reliable.

The car is very ergonomical. Great engineering. 30 mpg. Every accesory works as designed.

I have 156,000 miles on this car. The heat works and the A/C cranks out. It gets 30 mpg. Would I improve anything? Nope not a thing.