Used 1995 Subaru Impreza Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Bulletproof
By joppelaar

1995 Subaru Impreza Wagon LX 4dr Wagon AWD

I bought my 95 LX while living in Vancouver, Canada seven years ago. Six months in, the engine blew. Turned out it was a faulty repair that resulted in the engine chewing itself to bits. The dealer sourced a used one ($2000 CDN, including labor), and gave me 3 months' warranty on the work. 7.5 years later (with 262,000 kms on the clock) it still runs like a top. I took it in to have it smogged last fall and the tester said, "what does this thing run on, air??" Emissions were lower than some new hybrids he'd tested. All the usual good stuff about subarus is represented here - great in snow, pretty strong little motor (the 2.2 at least) and better than your average econobox to drive.

Good little pizza car
By groovydoovy

1995 Subaru Impreza Wagon L 4dr Wagon AWD

Have loved this car for 6 years. Drove it 5 days a week for 3 years as a pizza delivery car. I like to drive at high RPM and as fast as possible around corners and over speed bumps so needless to say this car has taken a beating. That said only thing it needed to keep it going was gas and oil changes and of course brakes. At this point the struts are pretty wasted, but other than that it continues to cruise along like it did when I bought it 6 years ago. I love that my car can get up and go every time there is a snow storm and everyone else is left stuck on the side of the road. This is a reliable car that takes a beating. Just like I like a car to be.

Can take a beating and keep motoring.

The Car That Could
By banditxkr

1995 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD

This car refuses to die. It now has 17500+ miles on it (mostly from teenagers). This car has plowed through snow that was over the bumper. It's been air-borne on dirt roads many times too. This is the most amazing car I've ever owned. It's like a tank. It can take anything. It gets great mileage too (26-32).

The 5-speed transmission, comfortable seats, cargo space, fits great in all parking spaces, great on gas, great for driving through snow.

This car can go through axles really fast (but that's probably my fault); after 13 years the cruise control and horn quit working; the door locks stink.

1995 Subaru Imprezza
By Kathy

1995 Subaru Impreza Wagon L 4dr Wagon AWD

I bought this car new in 1995, it's still my primary and favorite car. You can't beat the handling and it goes like a sherman tank in the snow. Very little maintenance other than routine. This is my second Subaru and I hope it never dies. 126,000 miles of mostly country roads. My only complaint is I was too cheap to buy the larger engine and with the AC on, sometimes I could use more power.

Handling and reliability

A little bigger engine please.

Great Little Car!
By Jim

1995 Subaru Impreza Wagon LX 4dr Wagon AWD

This car has been in our family since new. Minor routine maintenance and we have 145,000 miles and still going like the day we took it home. AWD makes it burn a little extra gas, but this car rides better on the ice and snow than our jeep! Love the split back seats, nice pep in the 2.2, and still doesn't burn a drop of oil. Would only hope that our next car runs this well.

AWD in the winter, ice cold AC in the summer. Reliable, lots of room for a subcompact wagon, peppy 2.2 liter.

Cup holder is in a bad position to drip into the radio / shift mechanism. After market would probably take care of that problem- can't have it all I guess.