1995 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Bulletproof
By joppelaar on 04/16/12 12:09 PM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Impreza Wagon LX 4dr Wagon AWD

I bought my 95 LX while living in Vancouver, Canada seven years ago. Six months in, the engine blew. Turned out it was a faulty repair that resulted in the engine chewing itself to bits. The dealer sourced a used one ($2000 CDN, including labor), and gave me 3 months' warranty on the work. 7.5 years later (with 262,000 kms on the clock) it still runs like a top. I took it in to have it smogged last fall and the tester said, "what does this thing run on, air??" Emissions were lower than some new hybrids he'd tested. All the usual good stuff about subarus is represented here - great in snow, pretty strong little motor (the 2.2 at least) and better than your average econobox to drive.

Good little pizza car
By groovydoovy on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Impreza Wagon L 4dr Wagon AWD

Have loved this car for 6 years. Drove it 5 days a week for 3 years as a pizza delivery car. I like to drive at high RPM and as fast as possible around corners and over speed bumps so needless to say this car has taken a beating. That said only thing it needed to keep it going was gas and oil changes and of course brakes. At this point the struts are pretty wasted, but other than that it continues to cruise along like it did when I bought it 6 years ago. I love that my car can get up and go every time there is a snow storm and everyone else is left stuck on the side of the road. This is a reliable car that takes a beating. Just like I like a car to be.

The Car That Could
By banditxkr on 04/10/09 22:39 PM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD

This car refuses to die. It now has 17500+ miles on it (mostly from teenagers). This car has plowed through snow that was over the bumper. It's been air-borne on dirt roads many times too. This is the most amazing car I've ever owned. It's like a tank. It can take anything. It gets great mileage too (26-32).

1995 Subaru Imprezza
By Kathy on 05/02/08 17:00 PM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Impreza Wagon L 4dr Wagon AWD

I bought this car new in 1995, it's still my primary and favorite car. You can't beat the handling and it goes like a sherman tank in the snow. Very little maintenance other than routine. This is my second Subaru and I hope it never dies. 126,000 miles of mostly country roads. My only complaint is I was too cheap to buy the larger engine and with the AC on, sometimes I could use more power.

Great Little Car!
By Jim on 04/25/07 17:10 PM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Impreza Wagon LX 4dr Wagon AWD

This car has been in our family since new. Minor routine maintenance and we have 145,000 miles and still going like the day we took it home. AWD makes it burn a little extra gas, but this car rides better on the ice and snow than our jeep! Love the split back seats, nice pep in the 2.2, and still doesn't burn a drop of oil. Would only hope that our next car runs this well.

Best Grocery Grabber On the Market
By Chris on 08/05/05 12:06 PM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Impreza Wagon L 4dr Wagon AWD

This is an example of a well rounded car at its core. Subaru is by far the most underrated car company on the planet, and this car lives up to the Subaru family name. For its price, you are getting safety, reliability, and comfort. Not the fastest car on the block, but if you bought this car, you probably weren't looking for that anyway. I would personally give this car a 9 out of 10 for being what it was supposed to be.

great carrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
By odessit on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback 4dr Wagon AWD

I bought the impreza becaus i always wanted an awd , and the car is just great, in snow its like a rock whan u slip it feels like u gettin puled back on the road by a mgnit or something

best car i had from GENA
By GENA on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Impreza Wagon L 4dr Wagon AWD

tHATS MY THIRD CAR IN US AND THE BEST ONE ALTHOGH OLDER THAN MY PREVIOUS CAR. VERY FUN TO DRIVE STEADY ON SPEEDY TURNS AND ON WET ROADS.I LIKE IT VERY MUCH!!!!!

reliable ride
By midlifemama on 09/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Impreza Wagon L 4dr Wagon AWD

For over 8 years this car has given my family a reliable ride with no more than routine maintenance. It handles very reliably in the snow and mud seasons - even on dirt roads, and the body has held out well even against road salt. Engine well-designed for do-it-yourself maintenance. Only complaints are a gas gauge that stopped working a few years ago, and the interior often fogs up and takes a long time to clear. It's become a little cramped since adding kids to the family. Otherwise, I'd keep it forever!