Used 1995 Subaru Impreza L Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Pass on this used vehicle
By ux0042pentique

1995 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan

The AWD is the only valuable feature here, and it's not necessary for climates where you only have a winter of 3 to 4 months. Parts are expensive (in the USA), many available only from the dealer. The AWD requires frequent alignment checks, and seems to become misaligned sporadically (sometimes alignment will be in spec, other times it will be way off). Bought at 99K miles, currently at 150K and the frequency, cost of maintenance, as well as the risk of it dying anywhere at any time, is making me consider replacing it. Suspension makes you feel every small bump in road, and the tiniest ones are jarring. Cup holder is in worst possible location covering dashboard controls when in use.

Steering wheel is substantial and padded, in contrast to other small cars that are made from a thin plastic that feels cheap and fragile in your hand.

Skip this one unless you absolutely need the AWD, and it's a great price.

Great car
By yup

1995 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan

My dad bought the car new in 95, never had to replace anything except for regular tune-up things like brake pads, spark plugs, etc. It has 208,000 miles on it now, still runs like it did years ago. I have redlined this car since I have had it, I have put this car through a lot of rough driving and it has held up better than any car I have ever seen. I highly recommend this car.

Boxer engine, takes curves like no other, awesome on dirt, mud, snow, ice roads.

Mora that what I expected
By lopezerb

1995 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I bought as my second car and I using it as my primary car. Is fun to drive, easy handling, and excellent grip. Is save on snow to ride although mine has FWD I preferred it on winter time more that my SUV. It is reliable and so well design and constructed.

Reliable, save and fun to drive.

Driver position is too low.