1995 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Balance through the corners
By Rusty_Dutch on 09/16/09 06:37 AM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Impreza Sedan 4dr Sedan

Well. I'm happy to say that the auto in the 1.8 was surprisingly more frisky and rev happy than I originally thought. It's relatively quick upon acceleration as well, considering you're driving a saloon automatic. Performance: well. on 13's, this thing is fun. Diving into corners is great. The perfect amount of body roll, the perfect amount of predictable understeer, the FF oversteer is extremely entertaining on a car with 170k+ miles. This car is fine. It is just a perfect cruiser. Yea, it's not turbo. Yea, its not AWD. Yea, it's not a manual. But you know what - this car has heart. This car will get you from here to there. And you'll be comfortable. And to hear the 13's squeal...

AWD Dreamer
By suby enthusiast on 10/13/08 20:49 PM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Impreza Sedan LX 4dr Sedan AWD

The 1.8L with 5 speed manual transmission is by far the slowest car I have ever driven, but, the car is the funnest car I have ever driven during the winter. This car can feel like you are driving a toy car around if you have driven other manual cars this is a bit jerky driving but the gas mileage is good. Not very much for modification out there if you don't know what to look for but if you know Subarus you know what can be done to this car, very cheap to make fast but needs a engine upgrade almost for sure.

Pass on this used vehicle
By ux0042pentique on 11/03/07 13:51 PM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan

The AWD is the only valuable feature here, and it's not necessary for climates where you only have a winter of 3 to 4 months. Parts are expensive (in the USA), many available only from the dealer. The AWD requires frequent alignment checks, and seems to become misaligned sporadically (sometimes alignment will be in spec, other times it will be way off). Bought at 99K miles, currently at 150K and the frequency, cost of maintenance, as well as the risk of it dying anywhere at any time, is making me consider replacing it. Suspension makes you feel every small bump in road, and the tiniest ones are jarring. Cup holder is in worst possible location covering dashboard controls when in use.

Great car
By yup on 09/16/07 19:37 PM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan

My dad bought the car new in 95, never had to replace anything except for regular tune-up things like brake pads, spark plugs, etc. It has 208,000 miles on it now, still runs like it did years ago. I have redlined this car since I have had it, I have put this car through a lot of rough driving and it has held up better than any car I have ever seen. I highly recommend this car.

Subaru is the way to go.
By awd_dreamin on 05/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan AWD

The 1.8L equipped with the 5 speed and AWD is adequate. The car wont sit you back in your seat off the line. But once the car is traveling at highway speeds it has plenty of passing power. the awd comes in handy in the rain. the car feels very stable and confident. Same can be said driving in the snow. The back seat will seat 2 Ok. My only complaint about the car is the gearbox. 1 3 5 are far away from each other, it takes some getting used to. the car handles excellent. If you need a good reliable car dont hesitate to give the impreza a look. with its abundance of body styles. Wagon/Sedan/Coupe you can find a car to fit your needs.

The best used car I've ever owned
By jefferdmann on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Subaru Impreza Sedan L Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I had a 2003 Cadillac CTS that was a lemon. After the dealer bought it back I needed a car. I bought this car on ebay for $1200.00. I put in new spark plugs and that was it. It's FWD handled fantastic in the blizzard last year. Very reliable.

notimprezzed
By notimpezzed on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan AWD

Only suffered with this car for so long due to the need for the AWd system- which is the only reason to buy a Subaru. Had to replace 5 sensors, Entire AC unit ($1400), radiator, rotors (3times! @ $300 a pop), main head gasket ($600), front transaxle ($550), and way too many alignments, horrible exhaust smell when first started, and new sets of tires (eats them up). Subaru tauts quality that is non-existent.

Mora that what I expected
By lopezerb on 06/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I bought as my second car and I using it as my primary car. Is fun to drive, easy handling, and excellent grip. Is save on snow to ride although mine has FWD I preferred it on winter time more that my SUV. It is reliable and so well design and constructed.

great car
By picky on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan AWD

this car has been a dream for me it always runs and never slides i drive all the time and very raely go under 40 which makes the awd a life saver