Used 1995 Subaru Impreza Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Subaru Impreza Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

The Car that won't die
By danboy1

1995 Subaru Impreza Coupe LX 2dr Coupe AWD

I bought this car 7 years ago, and it was the best decision I ever made. Only had 60k miles when I bought it; now has 170k. This car has been all the way across the country and back. Has endured 3 very minor accidents, which are fully repaired, and has lived through a technician's serious error. He had taken the pulley's and gears off the crank shaft to fix an oil leak but didn't put it back together right. The car jumped out of timing, which i couldn't figure out at first, and ran it like that for some time. When the problem got to bad to run the car, we finally figured out the problem. When other American made junk would have been dead, this car still runs like when i got it. Assume!!!

I really like the durability of this car. It's tough...not like the new "plastic junk" they make now. You can't imagine how hard i drive this car...but every time i drive it, it still responds the same. Even though it's front wheel drive, I've watch this car out preform other front wheelers in the snow and rain. It moves through the snow like nobody's business. The sad part is the paint is starting to fade. After all, it is 17 years old. But i hope to get it repainted soon, perhaps a nice "metallic sapphire blue."

If there is anything i could fix about the car, is that it is a little sluggish on take off and has been since i got it. it needs a little more punch when i hit the gas. But all-in-all i can't complain about how well this car has withstood the test of time.... and my driving. :)

95 impreza l awd 5 spd
By mod

1995 Subaru Impreza Coupe L 2dr Coupe AWD

This is the second Impreza I've owned, and I love them. My last one was an 02 2.5, the only thing about the one I have now is the interior is cheap, and the sterio stinks (85w cassette player and 4 paper cone filters, one was blown) but 4 new Pioneer speakers, a 10" Pioneer sub sonyxplod deck and 600watt amp later it sounds great. Plus the cheap interior makes this car super easy to work on. In New England the AWD is a must, the car grips the road better than my 02 (2600lbs now instead of 3100lbs 02)

AWD rocks! I'll never go back

Stock suspension is bouncy, and the motor is like 80 hp at the wheels. Coilovers, swaybars, anti lift kit, swap it!

ExcellentPrime
By kyky

1995 Subaru Impreza Coupe L 2dr Coupe AWD

This is one good looking, and fine functioning piece of machinery. I would recommend it to anyone with a sense of adventure, and desire to be somebody.

Love My Commuter
By Scooter95

1995 Subaru Impreza Coupe L 2dr Coupe AWD

I bought this car in May of 2002 (for $1500!) and have put 16,000 miles on it in the 5 months I have had it. I have a wicked commute and this car has not given me any problems. Add a little injection cleaner every 5,000 miles, and the 2.2L engine purrs like it was new.

Definitely the AWD standard. I wont be caught in the snow this winter! Also, the body style is modern. My neighbor has a '99, same make and model, and they are practically identical.

Transmission jerks a little when shifting in lower gears. Maybe this is expected with 111,000 miles.

Great little car
By justfauxyou

1995 Subaru Impreza Coupe L 2dr Coupe AWD

Lots of fun to drive. Very reliable. Good solid buy.

AWD. It is the best in snow!

Could use a bigger engine (1.8L) I have driven the 2.2L and it is much preferable.