1993 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Happy Owner
By Happy Owner on 08/08/10 12:05 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza Wagon LS 4dr Wagon

I bought this car in '00 with 19K. Now has 145K and ready to give to my sis. Car has been super. Wagon is versatile for trips to hardware store, etc. AC charge went low but uses R12 so forget it! timing belt and a fuel injector was the only major maint. other than brakes/tires/battery. Very easy to work on this car. I would love to have another one with 19K on the odometer! I will miss it an awful lot. Told sister when she'd done with it I want it back.

Too bad ALL vehicles wern't this good
By john on 09/17/09 23:21 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza Wagon L 4dr Wagon

I bought the car with 161,000 miles, now 234,000. The motor and auto tranny are excellent with good pick up and snappy shifts. Up to 31 mpg. 25-29 average. Very good for mileage and year. Car is easy to work on. The engineers definitly had regular people in mind when designing. This is my first Subaru and have driven it real hard. I highly recommend this vehicle for build quality, reliability, low maintenance cost, and the amount of options you get.

My little tank
By birdgeek on 08/25/09 16:57 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza Wagon L 4dr Wagon AWD

I have loved this car. I've had it for 12 of its 16 years. The clutch was very rough from the first owner... and I've just kind-of worked around it for 12 years, waiting for it to give it out... never did! I haul kayaks around on the roof, no problem. When I put chains on her in the winter, she's a full-on tractor, gets me to the slopes with zero stress. I wish the fuel economy was better, but that's the trade-off with AWD. She's been riding rough the past couple of years, showing her age. But I still love blasting big trucks off the line when the mood strikes me. She's a total trooper. My little tank.

Wonderful College and Family Car
By jxp293 on 07/14/09 13:10 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza Wagon LS 4dr Wagon

I bought my 93 used in 2000 with 19K on the odometer. Now in 2009, it has 136K and the only maintenance done has been brakes/rotors (done myself) and a tuneup @ 90K. I had the piston slap issue (tick-tick noise) and that was fixed for $500. Otherwise, just oil changes every 4k. This car drives well, handles well and hauls a lot of stuff. I've remodeled most of my house and use this car for getting supplies from lowes/etc. I highly recommend this car and Subaru in general. Be aware that Subaru models between '98 and '03 have head gasket issues, but the early to mid 90's cars (1.8/2.2L) are just solid.

Love my Subaru!
By horserider80 on 11/01/07 19:25 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza Wagon L 4dr Wagon

I got my Subaru in 2000, I've had it for 7+ years, it has over 220,000 and so far no major repairs. I've loved this car and it has been extremely reliable.

Awesome first car
By Teuton on 07/28/06 20:42 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza Wagon L 4dr Wagon AWD

I bought this car after having a WRX wagon in GT2 and killing everything. The handling is like the videogames. It has been a truck for me and done everything needed of it without complaining. I've replaced the water pump, CV joints, timing belt, and other than that at about 150-155k, it's run like a dream. It's my little rally car. I'm not going to sell it ever. When I need more power, I'll mod it.

Pooping Out On Me
By Keith Faulkner on 07/07/05 07:54 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza Wagon L 4dr Wagon

This car came to me as a hand-me-down from my family who bought the car new in 1993. At about 140K miles, I started having engine trouble and problems with interior design (the climate control dial broke... from the inside.) At about 150K I had to get the transmission replaced. Now, at almost 157K, the car is losing power daily and gets horrible gas mileage. However, the car, up to 130K had almost NO problems and was fun to drive up to that point. The low beams have always been pretty sad as well. If it only had a bigger engine and better gas mileage, I would be happier with it. A lot of people are saying that theirs will last to 200K, but I don't see that in my Impreza's future.

Love my suburu
By sula on 05/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza Wagon L 4dr Wagon AWD

I have had this car 5 years. I have driven across country with this car 5 times!! I have 161000 miles and it is going strong. I have had to change the axels, timing belt, starter and water pump over the past 5 years. All other repairs have been basic maintenance (tires, oil changes). My car will easily make it to over 200,000 miles. And the all wheel drive is very handy. I drive this car hard over very UNPAved dirt roads. It handles great. Would highly recommend Suburu Impreza AWD wagon.

Good, reliable car
By maelstrom on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Subaru Impreza Wagon L 4dr Wagon

I bought my Impreza used and I've had it for more than 5 years now. It's been a good, reliable car. It's underpowered and the gas mileage isn't as good as I expect for a small car, but overall I like it.

my 93 impreza
By nickutah on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Subaru Impreza Wagon L 4dr Wagon

Very reliable and great in snow.