Used 1993 Subaru Impreza L Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Takes a licking, keeps on ticking
By A. Battle

1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I love this car so much! Last year it flooded where I live and my car was filled with water up over the seats. I just knew this was the end. After the water drained and I let it sit for about a week after, it started right up and I only had to have my fluids changed. My son and husband had to have major work done to their later model cars. I have well over 200,000 miles on my car I'm sure but the gauge stopped working about 2 yrs ago. I'll keep it until it stops for good.

Favorite Features

The lights turn off when car is cut off. Air works great for a small car.

Suggested Improvements

Need a light in the trunk. Back seat could be roomier.

basic transportation
By daw

1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan

This car is basic transportation; bought the car new in 93, very little in repairs, just normal maintenance stuff. Battery, tires, brakes, did have new CV joints put in. Would like to get higher mileage but get from 27-30 mpg on a regular basis. Not going to turn heads but its got 185K and still going strong. Never has failed to start and never left me walking. So I'll drive it in the ground.

Favorite Features

Reliable.

Suggested Improvements

More padding in the seat.

Good Bang for the Buck
By ikky68

1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan

The car is seriously under powered. The fuel economy should be higher for such a small (and weak) car. I got it used. Had to put $1100 into the car for misc. repairs, now the engine sounds really sweet. The car has 144K miles on it and I'm hoping that it'll make it to 200K. It's looking good now.

Favorite Features

Lights turn off when car is off. Engine heats up quickly. Turning on the hi- beams is like turning on the sun.

Suggested Improvements

No suggestions, all my complaints were fixed in the 2003 WRX version.

Great Car
By gsgpk

1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan

My car has 268,000 miles on it and that was as of summer '02 since then the odometer stopped counting but I must have put on atleast 50,000 more. The check engine light has been on for about a year and the car is still going strong. This car lasts and lasts and lasts. I am not buying a new one until the car just stops and is beyond repair (which I don't think will ever happen). Even if it does die on me I can honestly say that it was worth the money. I will probably buy another one too.

Favorite Features

Extremely dependable

Excellent, reliable car
By el cow

1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan

The Subaru Impreza will last forever if you want it too. Especially if you take care of it. I did not take good care of mine and I still drove it over 150K before the head gasket blew. There was never any major problems with anything on this car. The only thing that wasn't that great was the radio/speakers. 2 of the 4 speakers broke and the radio sometimes didnt work, but that is not a major problem for a great car.

Favorite Features

DEPENDABILITY! This car lasts forever. Fun to drive, they did use it as a rally car. Best car I've had, reliability wise.

Suggested Improvements

Only not so great thing about this car is the radio. But thats not a big deal.