1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Takes a licking, keeps on ticking
By A. Battle on 09/19/07 21:11 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I love this car so much! Last year it flooded where I live and my car was filled with water up over the seats. I just knew this was the end. After the water drained and I let it sit for about a week after, it started right up and I only had to have my fluids changed. My son and husband had to have major work done to their later model cars. I have well over 200,000 miles on my car I'm sure but the gauge stopped working about 2 yrs ago. I'll keep it until it stops for good.

basic transportation
By daw on 03/13/06 19:12 PM (PST)

1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan

This car is basic transportation; bought the car new in 93, very little in repairs, just normal maintenance stuff. Battery, tires, brakes, did have new CV joints put in. Would like to get higher mileage but get from 27-30 mpg on a regular basis. Not going to turn heads but its got 185K and still going strong. Never has failed to start and never left me walking. So I'll drive it in the ground.

Good Bang for the Buck
By ikky68 on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan

The car is seriously under powered. The fuel economy should be higher for such a small (and weak) car. I got it used. Had to put $1100 into the car for misc. repairs, now the engine sounds really sweet. The car has 144K miles on it and I'm hoping that it'll make it to 200K. It's looking good now.

Great Car
By gsgpk on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan

My car has 268,000 miles on it and that was as of summer '02 since then the odometer stopped counting but I must have put on atleast 50,000 more. The check engine light has been on for about a year and the car is still going strong. This car lasts and lasts and lasts. I am not buying a new one until the car just stops and is beyond repair (which I don't think will ever happen). Even if it does die on me I can honestly say that it was worth the money. I will probably buy another one too.

Excellent, reliable car
By el cow on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan

The Subaru Impreza will last forever if you want it too. Especially if you take care of it. I did not take good care of mine and I still drove it over 150K before the head gasket blew. There was never any major problems with anything on this car. The only thing that wasn't that great was the radio/speakers. 2 of the 4 speakers broke and the radio sometimes didnt work, but that is not a major problem for a great car.

IMPREZA'S ARE IMPRESSIVE
By sunshinegirl on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan

This vehicle is unbelievablly reliable. I've only had to replace the battery once, just recently, and fixed the right cv joint. This car has had no other problems & my overall maintenance expense has been minimal. I love this car & will keep it until the end, if the end ever comes!

A keeper
By lj on 02/26/02 13:28 PM (PST)

1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan

Not the car to get if your're looking for HP performance but is extremely reliable. It rides and handles very well. I cannot justify selling mine. I don't think I can find a car that will be as trouble free.