1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Imprezas have potential.
By wrongfire on 06/02/13 23:31 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan AWD

I got my Impreza for 1500 dollars at a dealership. It was a trade in for a newer car, and it was in amazing condition. The engine looks brand new, with no leaks. The aesthetics are slowly wearing out, but it's all easily fixed. The car accelerates pretty slowly, but handles very well. It looks good too, inside and out, with the options of turning it into an STi/WRX, which makes this car simply amazing to me. I want to own this car for many, many years. It has 220,000 miles and is extremely reliable. I have put a few thousand miles on it, taken it across Texas, and haven't had a worry.

Sonnie (1993 Subaru Impreza) DLG (daddys little girl)
By subaru_sonnie on 04/23/12 07:42 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Well idk really what to say other than i am very satisfied by Sonnies performance esppecially only being a 1.8 liter. Sonnie has alot of life ahead of her only having 132,000 miles.

Takes a licking, keeps on ticking
By A. Battle on 09/19/07 21:11 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I love this car so much! Last year it flooded where I live and my car was filled with water up over the seats. I just knew this was the end. After the water drained and I let it sit for about a week after, it started right up and I only had to have my fluids changed. My son and husband had to have major work done to their later model cars. I have well over 200,000 miles on my car I'm sure but the gauge stopped working about 2 yrs ago. I'll keep it until it stops for good.

conundrum
By Lori on 05/23/06 17:35 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan AWD

I am having a surprisingly difficult time deciding if I should sell my little car that has 188,000 miles on it. I drive 20 miles to work each way and live at 9,000 feet elevation on a steep gravel road. This has been a great car. It's like the Energizer Bunny. It keeps going and going... Even though it's a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited that's trying to lure me away, it's a grueling decision! This has been an awesome car and the Jeep just doesn't have the track record in general. What should I do?

basic transportation
By daw on 03/13/06 19:12 PM (PST)

1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan

This car is basic transportation; bought the car new in 93, very little in repairs, just normal maintenance stuff. Battery, tires, brakes, did have new CV joints put in. Would like to get higher mileage but get from 27-30 mpg on a regular basis. Not going to turn heads but its got 185K and still going strong. Never has failed to start and never left me walking. So I'll drive it in the ground.

Great second hand car
By LeX on 07/22/05 12:12 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan AWD

This car has been passed on from my father to my brother, to another brother, then to me. I have a 5-speed and power is good enough to get around and pass vehicles on the freeway, uphills. The AWD function is great for cornering and take off (no skidding), and perfect for wet roads. Car is quiet even at speed. This car is quick!

Good Bang for the Buck
By ikky68 on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan

The car is seriously under powered. The fuel economy should be higher for such a small (and weak) car. I got it used. Had to put $1100 into the car for misc. repairs, now the engine sounds really sweet. The car has 144K miles on it and I'm hoping that it'll make it to 200K. It's looking good now.

Great Car
By gsgpk on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan

My car has 268,000 miles on it and that was as of summer '02 since then the odometer stopped counting but I must have put on atleast 50,000 more. The check engine light has been on for about a year and the car is still going strong. This car lasts and lasts and lasts. I am not buying a new one until the car just stops and is beyond repair (which I don't think will ever happen). Even if it does die on me I can honestly say that it was worth the money. I will probably buy another one too.

Subaru
By JZ8398 on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan LS 4dr Sedan AWD

I LOVE THIS CAR!!! IT IS GREAT!!!

Best Car I Ever Bought
By bstormp on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan 4dr Sedan

It's only drawback is that it has doesn't have much power if you're going up a steep hill. Other than that it's perky to drive. I love small cars, but wanted four doors and and a decent sized trunk - this car has both. It has only had average problems for a car of it's age. All in all a very eliable car.