Used 1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Imprezas have potential.
By wrongfire

1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan AWD

I got my Impreza for 1500 dollars at a dealership. It was a trade in for a newer car, and it was in amazing condition. The engine looks brand new, with no leaks. The aesthetics are slowly wearing out, but it's all easily fixed. The car accelerates pretty slowly, but handles very well. It looks good too, inside and out, with the options of turning it into an STi/WRX, which makes this car simply amazing to me. I want to own this car for many, many years. It has 220,000 miles and is extremely reliable. I have put a few thousand miles on it, taken it across Texas, and haven't had a worry.

Favorite Features

AWD handling, Everything works well, Headlights turn off when car is off, short gear ratios help the overall slow car get up to speed.

Suggested Improvements

CUP HOLDERS.

Sonnie (1993 Subaru Impreza) DLG (daddys little girl)
By subaru_sonnie

1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Well idk really what to say other than i am very satisfied by Sonnies performance esppecially only being a 1.8 liter. Sonnie has alot of life ahead of her only having 132,000 miles.

Favorite Features

For my favorite features i would have to pick the little power light that comes on when shes being kicked down. Even though im only sitting behind that little heart people call a 4 cyl it still makes me feel like the cool race cars.

Suggested Improvements

I dont really have any improvements that are on my mind other than i think they should have a little bit bigger of a 4 cyl esppecially with all of the room left under the hood and still only getting 26-30 mpg.

Takes a licking, keeps on ticking
By A. Battle

1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I love this car so much! Last year it flooded where I live and my car was filled with water up over the seats. I just knew this was the end. After the water drained and I let it sit for about a week after, it started right up and I only had to have my fluids changed. My son and husband had to have major work done to their later model cars. I have well over 200,000 miles on my car I'm sure but the gauge stopped working about 2 yrs ago. I'll keep it until it stops for good.

Favorite Features

The lights turn off when car is cut off. Air works great for a small car.

Suggested Improvements

Need a light in the trunk. Back seat could be roomier.

conundrum
By Lori

1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan AWD

I am having a surprisingly difficult time deciding if I should sell my little car that has 188,000 miles on it. I drive 20 miles to work each way and live at 9,000 feet elevation on a steep gravel road. This has been a great car. It's like the Energizer Bunny. It keeps going and going... Even though it's a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited that's trying to lure me away, it's a grueling decision! This has been an awesome car and the Jeep just doesn't have the track record in general. What should I do?

Favorite Features

Reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Easier to clean between seats (as someone else suggested,) cushier seats for long car rides.

basic transportation
By daw

1993 Subaru Impreza Sedan L 4dr Sedan

This car is basic transportation; bought the car new in 93, very little in repairs, just normal maintenance stuff. Battery, tires, brakes, did have new CV joints put in. Would like to get higher mileage but get from 27-30 mpg on a regular basis. Not going to turn heads but its got 185K and still going strong. Never has failed to start and never left me walking. So I'll drive it in the ground.

Favorite Features

Reliable.

Suggested Improvements

More padding in the seat.