1993 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Too bad ALL vehicles wern't this good
By john on 09/17/09 23:21 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Wagon

I bought the car with 161,000 miles, now 234,000. The motor and auto tranny are excellent with good pick up and snappy shifts. Up to 31 mpg. 25-29 average. Very good for mileage and year. Car is easy to work on. The engineers definitly had regular people in mind when designing. This is my first Subaru and have driven it real hard. I highly recommend this vehicle for build quality, reliability, low maintenance cost, and the amount of options you get.

Love my Subaru!
By horserider80 on 11/01/07 19:25 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Wagon

I got my Subaru in 2000, I've had it for 7+ years, it has over 220,000 and so far no major repairs. I've loved this car and it has been extremely reliable.

Pooping Out On Me
By Keith Faulkner on 07/07/05 07:54 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Wagon

This car came to me as a hand-me-down from my family who bought the car new in 1993. At about 140K miles, I started having engine trouble and problems with interior design (the climate control dial broke... from the inside.) At about 150K I had to get the transmission replaced. Now, at almost 157K, the car is losing power daily and gets horrible gas mileage. However, the car, up to 130K had almost NO problems and was fun to drive up to that point. The low beams have always been pretty sad as well. If it only had a bigger engine and better gas mileage, I would be happier with it. A lot of people are saying that theirs will last to 200K, but I don't see that in my Impreza's future.

Good, reliable car
By maelstrom on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Wagon

I bought my Impreza used and I've had it for more than 5 years now. It's been a good, reliable car. It's underpowered and the gas mileage isn't as good as I expect for a small car, but overall I like it.

my 93 impreza
By nickutah on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Wagon

Very reliable and great in snow.

Excellent Impreza
By Michael P Harvey on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Wagon

No tune up in 9 years with 101000!! Tires, oil, gas and one set of brakes and a battery and it has been a terrific car.

Great Car
By djue on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Wagon

Even though i have the FWD version, the car still has alot of traction and is very fun to drive. I've put many many miles on this car, totalling about 120K miles...that's on top of the original 45K miles! Subaru parts are very interchangable between models. I upgraded to WRX wheels/tires and it looks and handles great.

Impreza L Wagon
By meme on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Wagon

I purchased this car 2nd hand. Originally had 43k miles and I have put 110k more miles on it. This has been the MOST reliable car I have ever owed. I have had NO problems at all with this vehicle. I do the normal maint stuff and the car just runs and runs. It doesn't use a drop of oil. Starts everyday. I love this car.