1993 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Imprezas have potential.
By wrongfire on 06/02/13 23:31 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Sedan AWD

I got my Impreza for 1500 dollars at a dealership. It was a trade in for a newer car, and it was in amazing condition. The engine looks brand new, with no leaks. The aesthetics are slowly wearing out, but it's all easily fixed. The car accelerates pretty slowly, but handles very well. It looks good too, inside and out, with the options of turning it into an STi/WRX, which makes this car simply amazing to me. I want to own this car for many, many years. It has 220,000 miles and is extremely reliable. I have put a few thousand miles on it, taken it across Texas, and haven't had a worry.

Sonnie (1993 Subaru Impreza) DLG (daddys little girl)
By subaru_sonnie on 04/23/12 07:42 AM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza LS 4dr Sedan

Well idk really what to say other than i am very satisfied by Sonnies performance esppecially only being a 1.8 liter. Sonnie has alot of life ahead of her only having 132,000 miles.

Happy Owner
By Happy Owner on 08/08/10 12:05 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza LS 4dr Wagon

I bought this car in '00 with 19K. Now has 145K and ready to give to my sis. Car has been super. Wagon is versatile for trips to hardware store, etc. AC charge went low but uses R12 so forget it! timing belt and a fuel injector was the only major maint. other than brakes/tires/battery. Very easy to work on this car. I would love to have another one with 19K on the odometer! I will miss it an awful lot. Told sister when she'd done with it I want it back.

Too bad ALL vehicles wern't this good
By john on 09/17/09 23:21 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Wagon

I bought the car with 161,000 miles, now 234,000. The motor and auto tranny are excellent with good pick up and snappy shifts. Up to 31 mpg. 25-29 average. Very good for mileage and year. Car is easy to work on. The engineers definitly had regular people in mind when designing. This is my first Subaru and have driven it real hard. I highly recommend this vehicle for build quality, reliability, low maintenance cost, and the amount of options you get.

My little tank
By birdgeek on 08/25/09 16:57 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Wagon AWD

I have loved this car. I've had it for 12 of its 16 years. The clutch was very rough from the first owner... and I've just kind-of worked around it for 12 years, waiting for it to give it out... never did! I haul kayaks around on the roof, no problem. When I put chains on her in the winter, she's a full-on tractor, gets me to the slopes with zero stress. I wish the fuel economy was better, but that's the trade-off with AWD. She's been riding rough the past couple of years, showing her age. But I still love blasting big trucks off the line when the mood strikes me. She's a total trooper. My little tank.

Wonderful College and Family Car
By jxp293 on 07/14/09 13:10 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza LS 4dr Wagon

I bought my 93 used in 2000 with 19K on the odometer. Now in 2009, it has 136K and the only maintenance done has been brakes/rotors (done myself) and a tuneup @ 90K. I had the piston slap issue (tick-tick noise) and that was fixed for $500. Otherwise, just oil changes every 4k. This car drives well, handles well and hauls a lot of stuff. I've remodeled most of my house and use this car for getting supplies from lowes/etc. I highly recommend this car and Subaru in general. Be aware that Subaru models between '98 and '03 have head gasket issues, but the early to mid 90's cars (1.8/2.2L) are just solid.

Love my Subaru!
By horserider80 on 11/01/07 19:25 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Wagon

I got my Subaru in 2000, I've had it for 7+ years, it has over 220,000 and so far no major repairs. I've loved this car and it has been extremely reliable.

Takes a licking, keeps on ticking
By A. Battle on 09/19/07 21:11 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Sedan

I love this car so much! Last year it flooded where I live and my car was filled with water up over the seats. I just knew this was the end. After the water drained and I let it sit for about a week after, it started right up and I only had to have my fluids changed. My son and husband had to have major work done to their later model cars. I have well over 200,000 miles on my car I'm sure but the gauge stopped working about 2 yrs ago. I'll keep it until it stops for good.

Awesome first car
By Teuton on 07/28/06 20:42 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Wagon AWD

I bought this car after having a WRX wagon in GT2 and killing everything. The handling is like the videogames. It has been a truck for me and done everything needed of it without complaining. I've replaced the water pump, CV joints, timing belt, and other than that at about 150-155k, it's run like a dream. It's my little rally car. I'm not going to sell it ever. When I need more power, I'll mod it.

conundrum
By Lori on 05/23/06 17:35 PM (PDT)

1993 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Sedan AWD

I am having a surprisingly difficult time deciding if I should sell my little car that has 188,000 miles on it. I drive 20 miles to work each way and live at 9,000 feet elevation on a steep gravel road. This has been a great car. It's like the Energizer Bunny. It keeps going and going... Even though it's a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited that's trying to lure me away, it's a grueling decision! This has been an awesome car and the Jeep just doesn't have the track record in general. What should I do?