Used 1993 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Imprezas have potential.
By wrongfire

1993 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Sedan AWD

I got my Impreza for 1500 dollars at a dealership. It was a trade in for a newer car, and it was in amazing condition. The engine looks brand new, with no leaks. The aesthetics are slowly wearing out, but it's all easily fixed. The car accelerates pretty slowly, but handles very well. It looks good too, inside and out, with the options of turning it into an STi/WRX, which makes this car simply amazing to me. I want to own this car for many, many years. It has 220,000 miles and is extremely reliable. I have put a few thousand miles on it, taken it across Texas, and haven't had a worry.

AWD handling, Everything works well, Headlights turn off when car is off, short gear ratios help the overall slow car get up to speed.

CUP HOLDERS.

Sonnie (1993 Subaru Impreza) DLG (daddys little girl)
By subaru_sonnie

1993 Subaru Impreza LS 4dr Sedan

Well idk really what to say other than i am very satisfied by Sonnies performance esppecially only being a 1.8 liter. Sonnie has alot of life ahead of her only having 132,000 miles.

For my favorite features i would have to pick the little power light that comes on when shes being kicked down. Even though im only sitting behind that little heart people call a 4 cyl it still makes me feel like the cool race cars.

I dont really have any improvements that are on my mind other than i think they should have a little bit bigger of a 4 cyl esppecially with all of the room left under the hood and still only getting 26-30 mpg.

Happy Owner
By Happy Owner

1993 Subaru Impreza LS 4dr Wagon

I bought this car in '00 with 19K. Now has 145K and ready to give to my sis. Car has been super. Wagon is versatile for trips to hardware store, etc. AC charge went low but uses R12 so forget it! timing belt and a fuel injector was the only major maint. other than brakes/tires/battery. Very easy to work on this car. I would love to have another one with 19K on the odometer! I will miss it an awful lot. Told sister when she'd done with it I want it back.

Wagon body style can accommodate items 3ft by 8 ft. I've moved a lot of stuff in there. Furniture, wood, bikes, boxes, etc. Engine is bulletproof and so easy tow work on.

'93 only had drivers air bag. Mine had abs. I wouldn't mind a bit more power. I had 2wd and got ~28mpg.

Too bad ALL vehicles wern't this good
By john

1993 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Wagon

I bought the car with 161,000 miles, now 234,000. The motor and auto tranny are excellent with good pick up and snappy shifts. Up to 31 mpg. 25-29 average. Very good for mileage and year. Car is easy to work on. The engineers definitly had regular people in mind when designing. This is my first Subaru and have driven it real hard. I highly recommend this vehicle for build quality, reliability, low maintenance cost, and the amount of options you get.

Power Windows, locks, rear defrost and the tilt wheel has good range.

My little tank
By birdgeek

1993 Subaru Impreza L 4dr Wagon AWD

I have loved this car. I've had it for 12 of its 16 years. The clutch was very rough from the first owner... and I've just kind-of worked around it for 12 years, waiting for it to give it out... never did! I haul kayaks around on the roof, no problem. When I put chains on her in the winter, she's a full-on tractor, gets me to the slopes with zero stress. I wish the fuel economy was better, but that's the trade-off with AWD. She's been riding rough the past couple of years, showing her age. But I still love blasting big trucks off the line when the mood strikes me. She's a total trooper. My little tank.

Solid handling.