2013 Subaru Impreza WRX Consumer Review: great value in sport compact

2013 Subaru Impreza WRX - Consumer Review

Premium Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual)

great value in sport compact
By ejhara on

2013 Subaru Impreza WRX Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Fine car, starting with styling. Has functional hood scoop and side vents for cooling turbo and brakes. 360 tour takes you by four doors and nice spoiler plus four exhaust tips. Subarus tend to be durable (I've had five). AWD and hill-holder on manual shift are great features. Secure-feeling, nicely-handling car, even when you are not putting your foot into the throttle. When you do that, hang on! Great power for a 2.5 liter.

AWD, manual-shift, good brakes, rally-proven. (I'm thinking this makes the car overbuilt for my uses.) Acceleration gets you on any freeway ramp with ease. Seems predictable in power surge. Wife says I'll hurt myself in this car, but I doubt it. Good trunk space; decent rear footroom. Styling and color (wrblue) get attention. Pretty comfortable front seats. (Wife disagrees: says seats are "sports car" type, and slant down too much in back.) Sunroof has a small but effective wind deflector. The drivetrain is the best thing about this car: easy passing always, remaining secure on the road.

Miss my XM from a GM truck! (Available on Subaru at considerable extra cost.) Miss my On-Star, also. Maybe Subaru could make a winter tire/wheel package available at reasonable cost for up-north drivers. (Car comes with summer-only tires.) Car is loud--there will be no sneaking in late at night. Rear visability when parking is hampered somewhat by that neat-looking spoiler. Must figure out Bluetooth for hands-free calling.