2013 STI Limited
By aggarcia on
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
Most hard core performance buyers are not looking at Edmunds, but I did not like several things they said in their review. In the performance category, not much besides a supercar offers as much performance for the dollar than the STI. The AWD, SI Drive, and adjustable differentials, and 6 speed transmission are world class. The interior uses cheaper materials, but this is based in the Impreza platform. You buy a STI for the performance not to impress any one. Right now Subaru has a 4 month waiting period to get a STI or WRX, so someone must be wanting them. I enjoy everyday I hop into my STI and get to make going places and experience. The factroy NAV/SAt system sounds pretty good to me.
Favorite Features
This car is unique as they only build about 3K STI's for sale in the US a year. The 6 speed, AWD, Si - Drive, NAV/Sat radio, and the fun to drive factor rate high.
Suggested Improvements
The interior is hard plastic in many contact places. It does mark up, so cleaning in these areas is a must. A exterior latch for the rear door on the sedan would be nice. A usable larger gas tank, as this is not a economy car so a larger usable range would help those road trips.
By civic11
on 08/31/13 14:00 PM (PDT)

yep, i agree with 2rotor, i drove 16 miles to a Subaru dealership, took a wrx for a test drive and an hour (if that) later i owned it. there were about 11 more to chose from, and 3 of em were STIs. no shortage here in mass.

By 2rotor
on 02/15/13 06:54 AM (PST)

I'm posting this only a week after your review, and I have to wonder where you get the idea that there's a 4-month waiting period for a WRX. Within 2 hours of my front door in the northeast corner of Indiana (meaning I'm 90 minutes from most other towns/cities large enough to host a Subaru dealer) there are approximately 12 available WRX's, and of those 4 are STi's. I just drove one yesterday at my local dealer and they have a couple more unsold cars on the way. Every dealer within a reasonable driving distance of my home has at least one car.