2015 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: My 4th Subaru- Much Improved

2015 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic)

My 4th Subaru- Much Improved
By pktsizecub on

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my 4th Subaru. I also had a 2009 Forester and it was a great car. The 2015 is quite a step-up. The CVT is an excellent transmission and I regulary get 34 mpg on the highway and 25 mpg around town. The Subaru Forester is unstoppable in the mountains of western Washington. The 8.7" of ground clearance allows the car to be driven almost anywhere. The Premium package is simply amazing for comfort and quality. The Forester is quiet and easy to drive. Passengers in rear find ample leg room. The storage is quite good for hauling things. The trailer towing capabilities are limited but that's why I have Toyota Tundra. Long road trips are easy on the back with adjustable lum

Favorite Features

The EyeSight system is great. On the freeway it maintains a safe distance from the car in front of you. The all-wheel drive system is simply the best in the industry. This car does let you when the road surface you're driving on, especially at freeway speeds has imperfections. However, it's much better than other small SUVs on this front (with maybe the Honda CRV as the exception- but the CRV is NOT an off-road vehicle.)

Suggested Improvements

The radio display is simply too small to be used safely while driving. If you have a passenger who has small fingers, it should be ok. The power liftgate is very slow. Plan on pressing the open button and go ahead and do your shopping. When you're finished, the liftgate should be open and ready to load. OK, so it's not that bad but really Subaru, you could have done better.