2015 Subaru Forester Consumer Review: Exactly what I need

2015 Subaru Forester - Consumer Review

2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic)

Exactly what I need
By bbq4 on

2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring PZEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I keep seeing reviews of this car, saying that it is too spartan. To be honest, I only need that and nothing more. There are things that regardless of money, you simply can't find anywhere else aside from the Forester and those things are: easily the best visibility of any vehicule I've ever driven; best AWD system, best fuel economy for an AWD compact SUV, best safety rating in its class, among the most spacious compact SUV, having among the biggest panoramic sunroof. For those reasons alone, I'm extremely happy with my purchase! Honestly, I don't want to pay more for a name or for gadgets that would not make a difference if there's a snowstorm outside and that I needed to go somwhere.

The NAV unit works just fine for me and let me know quickly in advance where to turn. I don't know what people are complaining about. It is easily as quick to recalculate my route as my portable Garmin unit that I bought 2 years ago. I love the USB AUX for easy music. For people complaining about the touchscreen to change radio station or MP3, remember that you can use the steering wheel commands to do so! :) Eyesight is great as well! The soundproofing is very good and beats my old car's by a mile! I love the AUTO lights and AUTO air conditioning! HID are VERY bright and makes a huge difference compared to my old halogen lights! Love the keyless entry feature!

Driver memory seat function would be nice. If the lift gate could be a little faster, it would be perfect, then again, I'm telling myself that Subaru might not want the lift gate to knock someone out if it was too fast to open...